S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

South Orange County Living

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:51 AM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Orange County Living

hey guys, I am looking to moving back to California. I prefer to live in South Orange County (family, but would live in up to Long Beach, down to Escondido, over to Temecula area) And am wondering if there are any apartment complexes that are known to be "cheaper" I can not afford too much so 800 is going to be about my limit. If anyone knows where there is a good place to look in those areas it'd be great. I dont think I will be moving out until about 8 to 12 months. Will have to find a job then.

Thanks
-Brent

Old 06-20-2008, 07:06 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Brent-
Here's a link:Find California Apartment Listings | Locate CA Apartments for Rent in your Area | Apartments.com

Hate to tell you this, but $800 per month is the absolute lowest price you will find anywhere in LA county, and that is in less-than-desirable areas. South Orange County - nothing in that range. Most places in a decent area are going to be starting in the $1200 - $1400 per month range. You might check the Long Beach area - that would probably be your best bet for a reasonable rate in an area that is acceptable.

Happy Hunting!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
DeluxF150
Senior User
$800? No way. Wouldn't even be able to find a studio anywhere in OC, probably not even inland. You could probably find a room for rent for about 500-800 (might be a good way to go, probably gonna get you into a house)

Good luck with the move man.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
bigjimcruising
Senior User
At that price range you're looking at the bowels of somewhere like Garden Grove. Better off buying a camper or motorhome and living in that! I looked into places in that range a couple years ago and even then you'd better own a bunch of guns if you're gonna live in one of those places! Good luck!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the key to living here on that kinda money is roommates. You need atlest one if not 2 or 3. there are 2 bed room apartments for like 1500 to 1600 all over the place. you can get a house for about 2000 it might only be 900 sq feet but its a house nun the less. but if that is all you can aford i would say find a buddy and get a place together. I have looked a litlte at living in a camper it would be cheeper to stay at camp sites then to rent a place....$20 a nite 30 nites a month $600 with water and electric hookups not a bad deal...