Aquatune

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 PM
jtubbs
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquatune

ok guys i tried to get some information form the alternative fuel forum but all i got was negitive feedback. i hope you will take this with an open mind and look at both sides before you make judgement. check out www.aquatune.com ... Here in Arkansas in little rock a long time auto and performance shop started dealing this product. The shop has a perfect rep. Their head mech did a special on this product on one of our news stations. I find it hard to believe he would back something that did not work. Please let me know what you think. If you want the link for the show he did on channel 7 let me know. he explains in detail how this system works. ok i found it www.theautoguy.tv look for the hydrogen episode. please take an open look i am planning to place one of these on my truck next year the cost is about 1200.00 If there are any questions please just ask and i will do my best to find the answers.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Interesting.

On that note, here at work we have the owners husband doing these little "marvel tricks" to the trucks. To my surprise one day I opened the hood of our '95 F250/300/5spd and found a plastic pop bottle and a hose from it to a vacuum tee. I suppose it's suppose to suck water vapor from the bottle and into the engine? That's my best guess, and not sure how long it'd been there can't say the truck runs any better or gets better mileage. He's really into these gimmicks since fuel prices went overboard. Personally I can't see any real benefit and if it really DID work then everybody would have it. Somehow I can't justify $700 for a water bottle and a alum block with what I would guess is a solenoid valve that turns it on/off. The big fancy-smancy terminology that they throw around in the website turns me off instantly. It's water injection, pure and simple. Yes, people have done it in the past to help clean carbon out of engines.

If you just keep your car IN TUNE, I think it will run just as good. Remember the ads for Split Fire plugs? It had all these people saying how well their car ran after installing these "great" plugs. Well, I'd place a bet that their car hadn't seen a set of plugs for 50,000 miles(or more) and ANY plug would make it run better, PERIOD. Split Fire was all about the "multiple" spark with more electrodes. Well, sorry, it only fires on ONE at a time no matter what. Electricity finds the easiest path to ground and won't split and take multiple paths. Lightning only hits ONE spot.

In the ad, they keep telling you to replace your O2 sensor as it's very valuable part of the system. Well, DUH! I bet if you just replace it and NOT spend $700 your car will run better. It reads fuel mixture as it exits the motor and if it's off then it might be causing the car to run richer(burn more fuel).

That's my take on it. Unless they GIVE it to me and let ME find that gives me that kind of performance gain I'd be glad to pay for it. Ain't happening.