2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Super Crew Child Locks dont work

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:30 PM
JTProuhet
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Super Crew Child Locks dont work

I have an 04 Super Crew someone tried getting out of the back door the other day and i had to hit the unlock button to get it to unlock, i looked to see if the child proof lock was on but it was off and you still cant open the door from the inside, anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by JTProuhet
I have an 04 Super Crew someone tried getting out of the back door the other day and i had to hit the unlock button to get it to unlock, i looked to see if the child proof lock was on but it was off and you still cant open the door from the inside, anyone else have this problem?
My 08 does the same thing. I'll take it to the shop one of these days before the warranty expires. Neither of the back doors work.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:49 PM
JTProuhet
Junior User
yep same thing neither one works. Thats one thing about chevys that i liked. that once you put it in park, all the doors unlock..

Old 05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
thais the way ford designed their door locks. You have to hit the unlocks for any door except the drivers. Probably to keep kids from jumping out before is parents check for traffic.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:36 PM
JTProuhet
Junior User
ya but they put the little switch on the side of the door so you can turn it off though so if you dont have little kids (in my case) and i hate that.. it gets annoying...

Old 05-10-2008, 05:53 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by Twinsdad98
thais the way ford designed their door locks. You have to hit the unlocks for any door except the drivers. Probably to keep kids from jumping out before is parents check for traffic.
So what's the purpose of the switch, are they there so they can charge more money for it?

Old 05-10-2008, 06:21 PM
dartguy699
Senior User
not true-the purpose of that switch is to disable the inside handles. the door is designed so that the door must be unlocked firstwhen child guard off to open and the child guard switch functions so that the inside handle does not open even if unlocked your issue is not a problem but a design.
jim

Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by dartguy699
not true-the purpose of that switch is to disable the inside handles. the door is designed so that the door must be unlocked firstwhen child guard off to open and the child guard switch functions so that the inside handle does not open even if unlocked your issue is not a problem but a design.
jim
So if the switch was in the engaged position, and someone was in the back, they couldn't get out anyway? Like a cop car? Is there any known way to bypass this intelligent design?

Old 05-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
You can turn off the auto door lock...it's in the owners manual.

my back doors work just fine when I put the lever in the "allowed" position. and they prevent opening when that lever is in the "locked" position

that lever thingy has been there in every Ford I've owned that had 4 doors. Cars and trucks. I'm pretty sure it's on all brands of cars and is Federally mandated like seatbelts, truck emergency release, etc.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:20 AM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
You can turn off the auto door lock...it's in the owners manual.

my back doors work just fine when I put the lever in the "allowed" position. and they prevent opening when that lever is in the "locked" position

that lever thingy has been there in every Ford I've owned that had 4 doors. Cars and trucks. I'm pretty sure it's on all brands of cars and is Federally mandated like seatbelts, truck emergency release, etc.
I like the auto door lock...I just wish that my passengers weren't hostages until I decide to manually unlock the doors whenever we stop. If the child locks are off, then they should be able to open the door using the handle; whenever they please, imho.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:24 PM
AaronNichols
Freshman User
Ummmm they could always unlock their own door using the plastic pull.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by AaronNichols
Ummmm they could always roll down their window and open from the outside also. My point is that it's got an MSRP of $41,000.00 on it, and for that price, if I want the doors to auto-unlock like my wife's Escape, or our Ford Fusion, then that should be a standard option and not an exercise in futility.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronNichols
i agree...auto-unlock is nice though...got it in my Durango