Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

saleen supercharger or roush supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:11 AM
usmc17
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question saleen supercharger or roush supercharger?

i am looking to put a supercharger on my 06 f150 lariat extended cab 4x4..and i was wondering which supercharger was going to give me more for my money..im kind of leaning toward the saleen just because im guessing it is a little more uncommon ... they are right around the same price range.. but i mainly want to know what is going to make my truck faster basically or give it more performance...? also what are some headers that you would reccomend..im wanting custom true duals!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford-Truck Enthusiasts Classifieds - Roush F-150 supercharger for a 04-06 F-150 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

If you can live with a little less power Roush's representative is selling the non-intercooled supercharger for these trucks for half price! Best bang for the buck.

I think you're going to have more options, tuning-wise, with Roush's intercooled charger than Saleen's.

With true duals you're looking at custom tuning, because you're going to eliminate the O2 sensors ..... are you looking to go with long tube or shortie headers?

Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
usmc17
New User
um...i honestly have no idea my friend is saying shorties but wat do you reccomend im totaly open to any suggestions to increase performance......, what is the difference between an intercooled and non intercooled superchargers...?

Old 05-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Raider50
Elder User
all i know about the intercooled one, is it makes more power. I am thinking because it cools down the air. Long tubes usually make a little more power from what ive read on here, they are bigger so less bends are needed in such a small spot there for with the long tubes they flow better. I still am not sure why more can be done to the intercooled one. And i supose this is a little question for ken and it should help you also usmc17, will Troyer be able to make the tune for true duals because i from what i have herd you (ken) say about them they sound great. I am looking at getting a 2lb pully with true duals with their tuneing if at all posible. Mine is non intercooled though.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:49 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Intercooled has a small heat exchanger on top of the intake manifold. Fluid flows through it to a heat exhanger mounted in front of the truck's radiator. As air is compressed by the supercharger it heats up a lot. The intercooler cools it back down. Hotter air can cause premature detonation of the air/fuel mixture (nice way of saying your engine goes "boom"). So without an intercooler the vehicle must run much less boost in order to keep the intake air charge temperatures down. With the intercooler you can run much more boost.

Yeah, the exhaust sounds sweet!

Now, there are ways to run more boost with a non-intercooled vehicle but its not worth the trouble and risk. If you want the benefits of more boost without a lot of money invested water/meth injection is very cheap and safe.