1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Well its not the CPS.!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 PM
wycowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its not the CPS.!?

My Tack as been a bit erratic latly, it jump around some but most of the time it just hangs out 400-500 RPM over what my Aux. Idle control says i'm at and what I should be at with my gearing. so I replaced the CPS hoping it would fix the problem well no Joy.. any thoughts on what it could be? is this a bad sign/ thanks J

Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wycowboy
My Tack as been a bit erratic latly, it jump around some but most of the time it just hangs out 400-500 RPM over what my Aux. Idle control says i'm at and what I should be at with my gearing. so I replaced the CPS hoping it would fix the problem well no Joy.. any thoughts on what it could be? is this a bad sign/ thanks J
I'm somewhat the new guy on the block so can't help a whole lot but may I ask what is "Aux. Idle control says" thing. The problem is .... ??

Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Hussler
I'm somewhat the new guy on the block so can't help a whole lot but may I ask what is "Aux. Idle control says" thing. The problem is .... ??
He's talking about a ford auxiliary idle controller, allows you to adjust idle speed for running a PTO, fast warm up etc... Looks like this

His problem is that the AIC is showing a different reading than the tack, and the tack is becoming erratic. Sorry cowboy I don't have a fix either for you...

-Robb