Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Chrysler offer: $2.99 gas for 3 years

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by scottman70
It would be so nice if dealers just made a fixed ammount, say $1000 dollars on each vehicle! I never feel like I ever have gotten a good deal! Most if not all car dealers are legal rip off artists! It's always "what will you pay" I guess you could say they are the only legalized form of thieves!!

If I sold my product like they do I would be thrown in jail!

I have made the decision to NEVER EVER buy from a car dealer ever again! Used cars every time for me! No sales tax and huge markups etc........
How are they thieves? Isn't price always based on what people are willing to pay for a certain service or product? Why should somebody sell a product for less than people are willing to pay? You are not forced to purchase anything from a dealership. Capitalism is a wonderful thing my friend.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
On the QuadCab 1500 truck, if you got the gas deal, you only get $3000 cash back.
$8000 cash back without the gas deal. That's the way to go.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet I could walk in and get 10k-12k off a cummins tomorrow in 15 minutes flat. I got those guys number.
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Except it isn't valid on diesel. Only certain vehicles with 87 octane, and I think only a certain amount of fuel can be purcahsed each year at that $2.99
I have a feeling they would tell you to stuff it on the cummins and would happily sell you the jeep. The demographic that buys dodge cummins will pay more with less incentives. Meaning they rarely offer deals on this truck.
Originally Posted by Zedrive
I have a VW Jetta the cams are run with a belt as opposed to chains or gears. .
So many cars are belt driven. I loved my full interference belt driven subaru and yes I had to change the belt at 120k miles. The belts are getting better but I remember changing timing belts on cars for some time now. Some of which were on fords. Its not something new.
Originally Posted by scottman70

It would be so nice if dealers just made a fixed ammount, say $1000 dollars on each vehicle! I never feel like I ever have gotten a good deal! Most if not all car dealers are legal rip off artists! It's always "what will you pay" I guess you could say they are the only legalized form of thieves!!
Password is Saturn.
Originally Posted by Zedrive
Engineers design to the minimum required standard.
Any more means wasted money and time.
The bar for cars would be set to the warranty period. Design to ensure those liabilities are met.
The 36k bumper to bumper isnt the only warranty. There is also a very inclusive emmisions warranty. You would be surprised how much the emissions warranty covers and how often your service advisor doesnt tell you.
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
How are they thieves? Isn't price always based on what people are willing to pay for a certain service or product? Why should somebody sell a product for less than people are willing to pay? You are not forced to purchase anything from a dealership. Capitalism is a wonderful thing my friend.
This guy knows whats up. Just remember there are 1000 more of the model you want in that color that you like. When you put it in perspective its very easy to get a great deal on a vehicle because there are many more that would die to make the sale to you. I let em know up front if we wind up even 500 dollars apart Im gonna walk. Go in knowing full well what your willing to pay with your own financing from your bank or credit union and dont budge. Its not hard at all.

Auto Sales is a setup from the moment you walk in. They want you to get caught up in the moment and there is a lot of psychology behind it. If you let your emotions make your decision, i.e. you are excited to get a new vehicle, then you need to seriously consider getting a broker of some sort. They charge a small fee and can get you the car you want for the real sticker price. I believe its called a green sheet. I havent tried but walk into a dealer and ask for a green sheet on the car your interested in and see if they provide one or if you get a dumb look. If it is in fact a green sheet then you will have a very valuable bargaining tool in your hands.

The people that took the time to do the math on the gas card arent who they were aiming the promotion at. They were aiming at people who dont think too hard about big decisions like this. People dont usually take the time to research and think a purchase like this thru. Lots of folks treat car purchases as an impulse buy.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:14 AM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I have a broker. It's called a wife. She is a hard nosed negotiator and will either get the deal she wants or she walks. No emotions at all.

They will deal if they want to sell a vehicle.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Can I borrow your wife when I buy a new truck when the Explorer dies?