1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

headers for 302 in 51...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
reed1951
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question headers for 302 in 51...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...184239&width=0

Hey guys, does anyone make a header like this for a 302? This pic is of a 51 truck with 390 motor but I have a 302 going in my 51 and wanted to set the exhaust up like this.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Old F1
Cargo Master

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
That is Sandidande, he will be along in a minute, those are fender well headers I think, also Sandidande has a tilt hood, if you don’t you will have to cut your inner fenders. If you do a search of any major supplier for fender well headers for a 302 in a pick up they should come up, a supplier like Sanderson will make a custom header for you truck and engine that tucks in more.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Sandidande
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Old F1
That is Sandidande, he will be along in a minute, those are fender well headers I think, also Sandidande has a tilt hood, if you don’t you will have to cut your inner fenders. If you do a search of any major supplier for fender well headers for a 302 in a pick up they should come up, a supplier like Sanderson will make a custom header for you truck and engine that tucks in more.
Hi Old F1!

Wow I didn't realize that after posting that picture 1000 times just to show off I could be so famous! Seriously, I'm flattered you recognized them, thanks.

I spoke to Reed earlier off line about headers and tilt hoods, and gave him the photo to show every one. Please let me expand a little on his original post so you guys will know what ground we covered.

He is planning on going with a 'glas full front tilt so he is square on that. And he also knows mine were made for the truck because it's a BB. He seemed to like them and I thought as bad as I was in trying to describe to the welder what I wanted, if he had a picture, it would be worth 1000 words.

Here's another during manufacture, but a little closer up:

By the way Reed, I forgot to mention that my side pipes were made by Patriot. Here's a link for the product description and a picture (which I'll also post here)

Patriot Exhaust H1165 - Patriot Side Exhaust - summitracing.com

They came with a fake header that was supposed to bolt right up to your single pipe exhaust in on one of the header pipes but obviously, I didn't use those. They were the only pipes I could find that were the right length to run the full distance of the running board. They are not shielded so you have to be careful around them when they are hot (and I promise you will be after the first time you forget). I found the prices on these was best at J.C. Whitney online.

So guys, what he's looking for is as set of headers just like mine, but for a 302, that are off the shelf.

I recommended he start a new thread because I remember a couple a month or two ago where a member was looking for headers for a 302 in an F1 there were tons of links and recommendations.

Right Reed? (sorry pal, I didn't mean to "grab the 'mike' " from you)

Any suggestions?! Thanks from both of us.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
reed1951
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, any ideas on headers like these guys? By the way I really like those side pipes you have listed above Sandidande