Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Freshman User

cumminsnorth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Alberta out of province inspections

Hi I am wondering what all they check in an out of province inspection other than the main things like lights, brakes, horn, and steering parts.

Love to here the trouble you had also and on what kind of vehicle.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.
I think they check for fluid leaks, seat upholstery and everything like that. Never had it done but have heard that its pretty thorough.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Elder User

mcdonaldm is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
they check everything!!
they have a huge list put out by the province that they go through. it is very thorough.
had to et my 60 ford inspected after i rebuilt it as i got it from home in Sask.
they even checked operation of dif, oil pan fit, all attachment points, etc. and you have to pass every point to be approved. no exceptions.

it is a very thorough inspection. not like a safety inspection where you have some leeway. also they are checking the hidden ser#'s to make sure they match.

rgds
mike
Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Junior User

OldThumper is starting off with a positive reputation.
i do them at my shop in Red Deer

you will need the special form from an insurance company to take to inspection facility
Government of Alberta: Importing a Vehicle into Alberta
Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter

Tags
alberta, bc, checked, components, form, inspection, list, province