6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Unreal!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:56 AM
stevtalk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unreal!

I know this post is going to be old hat to you guy's that pull with your trucks all the time but my first experience was truly UNREAL!
In 06 I bought a new F2504x4PS supercab and have enjoyed it since I left the dealership but I've not towed with it (or any other powerstroke) until yesterday. Two buddies from the hunting club called and asked me if I would mind towing a 32 foot camper (not a 5th wheel) they bought to another location for them, they said the terrain the camper was located at might be a little much for their Chevy 1500's, I said sure and was kinda excited to put the powerstroke through is first workout, so here we go to get the camper, it was about 30 miles of two lane blacktop through the twisty and hilly north georgia mountians when they said slow down and turn left at the next mailbox, it was at that moment I said your not kidding about the terrain it was a mile of the baddest, roughest, unkept dirt logging road I've seen in a long time, about 10 feet wide over 3 hill tops with grades up and down of what must have been 15% grade. We get to the trailer and hook up, the guy selling the trailer was there helping and said the camper was brought in there a couple of years ago with a bobcat that had some kind of a hitch attachment. So here we go, were off and running, , I put in in 4X4 low and next mile of that logging road was like driving to walmart (except ruts, dirt, logs and rocks) it never spun, strained, groaned or complained and the next 29 miles of twisty, hilly two lane blacktop was like a Sunday drive pulling that 8000 lbs. camper, I swear a little voice was comming from the dash saying "thought you were gonna test me today" Needless to say, by the time we got to our destination myself and a couple of diehard Chevy fans were speachless. Truely UNREAL (WHAT A MACHINE)

Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
tazo
Elder User
These trucks are just amazing arn't they. Real toys for real boys (& gals).

Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
they sure can pull

Old 04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
OneTon4Fun
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Super Duty trucks can pull your house and never break traction. These trucks are like bulldozers on steroids

Old 04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My truck pulled my buddy's 2500HD 2wd D-max chebby with his 10K trailer hooked up to it out of and then through the mud he got mired in! That was with the ARB's but before the Toyo MT's.

Yes, he was impressed. Have not heard much crud from him about Ford's since then.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 411 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by Kepler4
My truck pulled my buddy's 2500HD 2wd D-max chebby with his 10K trailer hooked up to it out of and then through the mud he got mired in! That was with the ARB's but before the Toyo MT's.

Yes, he was impressed. Have not heard much crud from him about Ford's since then.
heh heh, That's a good one, Russ! I have a friend who races enduro (Honda rider, but I don't hold that against him...). Anyway, he has a series of photos that were taken at a rain soaked event where he hooked up to and pulled a very stuck Duramax and it's attached 5th wheel toy hauler out of the soup. The mud was slingin', but the 'max was really stuck. It's not a 6.0 story, as he has a 7.3 PSD, but none the less, the Chevy guys were left speachless, and the poor dmax he pulled was blasted with mud...

Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 PM
doubledee715
Elder User
Originally Posted by stevtalk
I know this post is going to be old hat to you guy's that pull with your trucks all the time but my first experience was truly UNREAL!
In 06 I bought a new F2504x4PS supercab and have enjoyed it since I left the dealership but I've not towed with it (or any other powerstroke) until yesterday. Two buddies from the hunting club called and asked me if I would mind towing a 32 foot camper (not a 5th wheel) they bought to another location for them, they said the terrain the camper was located at might be a little much for their Chevy 1500's, I said sure and was kinda excited to put the powerstroke through is first workout, so here we go to get the camper, it was about 30 miles of two lane blacktop through the twisty and hilly north georgia mountians when they said slow down and turn left at the next mailbox, it was at that moment I said your not kidding about the terrain it was a mile of the baddest, roughest, unkept dirt logging road I've seen in a long time, about 10 feet wide over 3 hill tops with grades up and down of what must have been 15% grade. We get to the trailer and hook up, the guy selling the trailer was there helping and said the camper was brought in there a couple of years ago with a bobcat that had some kind of a hitch attachment. So here we go, were off and running, , I put in in 4X4 low and next mile of that logging road was like driving to walmart (except ruts, dirt, logs and rocks) it never spun, strained, groaned or complained and the next 29 miles of twisty, hilly two lane blacktop was like a Sunday drive pulling that 8000 lbs. camper, I swear a little voice was comming from the dash saying "thought you were gonna test me today" Needless to say, by the time we got to our destination myself and a couple of diehard Chevy fans were speachless. Truely UNREAL (WHAT A MACHINE)
my exact response when I first used 4lo on my rig to haul around some huge oak trees and a stump about the size of a suburban. I put it 4lo and without pushing the go pedal it would just pull like a beast.