Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
tbear
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerg_064
Well 2 days ago she died on me. Today i went to see if maybe the timing chain broke by hand cranking and looking at the dizzy rotor. the crank pulley doesn't move as the belt just slides over it, so i think i froze my motor up somehow.
Bummer. I did a little P.M. I had a squeaky belt tensioner.....WD 40. Checked a few bulbs......bypassed my heater core with a 5/8ths OD barbed elbow....and removed the old one. It has had a small vapor leak for some time now. Will pick up a new one this week......Going boating tomorrow.

Will probably change the plugs soon. Truck has been a little sluggish lately. I use a little oil....so my plugs are probably fouled a little bit.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 PM
rikard
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
James
Use a socket and breaker bar on the harmonic balancer bolt to turn the engine over. Remove the spark plugs to make it turn over easier. Buy or make a remote starter hook up so you can use the starter to turn the engine over.
regards
rikard

Old 09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
jerg_064
Senior User
well actually it just took me about an hour to figure out that i'm an idiot. It was still in gear. chalked the tires put her in nuetral and the crank spins. So does my rotor, so the timing chain didn't break, i'm back to the drawing bored on what caused the pop/bang and sudden engine kill. Thanx though

Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Adjusted my cockeyed, frowning front bumper. Much better. Started to adjust my cockeyed rear bumper but the warden (er, wife) came home...

Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 AM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
Nothing other then been driving it for the past 3 days instead of my mazdaspeed... I pulled my back sneezing(yes I know its sad and to make it worse im only 25!)

Old 10-12-2008, 06:57 AM
T.McG
Senior User
I got tired of the harsh ride of my '94 so I decided to install a couple of Bostrom suspension seats. It's my daily work truck and I haven't had a sore neck since.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 AM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
^Neat!! Thats good to hear about your neck. To bad their not a little easier on the eyes. Grant it their not horriable looking

Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 AM
T.McG
Senior User
Yeah but, had you road in my truck one time with the original bench seat, you would think these Bostroms were beautiful. Half my time is spent in rough terrain so function out wieghed looks in this mod.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 PM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
Originally Posted by T.McG
Yeah but, had you road in my truck one time with the original bench seat, you would think these Bostroms were beautiful. Half my time is spent in rough terrain so function out wieghed looks in this mod.
Not a full bench seat but I do have the 40/20/40 bench and its not bad for me. However its a pavement queen.

Edit: Just looked into some of those Bostroms and man those things look comfortable on the higher end options! Do you happen to know if I would be able to get suspension brackets for my current styel bench seat?

Edit: I found this for 250/350 applications.
http://www.suburbanseats.com/p-MD-AS...?productid=125

Old 10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
themoparkid
Senior User
added 97 F350 hub caps, adjusted the door strikers and doors line up better. changed the oil as well. did alot of paint touch ups. fixed my broken passenger side mirror. alot more to come.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine got a bath, a few paint touch ups and waxed. After my daughter goes back to the wicked witch's ( my ex) truck is gonna get all the seams pumped full of drain oil. I's a little messy but it helps fight the rust monster.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
T.McG
Senior User
Originally Posted by StealthWyvern
Not a full bench seat but I do have the 40/20/40 bench and its not bad for me. However its a pavement queen.

Edit: Just looked into some of those Bostroms and man those things look comfortable on the higher end options! Do you happen to know if I would be able to get suspension brackets for my current styel bench seat?

Edit: I found this for 250/350 applications.
Medium Duty Truck Seat, Medium Duty Truck, Truck Seats, Air Suspension Kit, Ford Suspension
I looked into those also, thinking I could adapt the air pump for the lumbar support in my bench seat as a pump for the air suspension seat. Didn't know if that would work so went another way. You could just call them and see what they say. I would say those would not work on a bench seat but I don't know.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:34 PM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
Originally Posted by themoparkid
added 97 F350 hub caps, adjusted the door strikers and doors line up better. changed the oil as well. did alot of paint touch ups. fixed my broken passenger side mirror. alot more to come.
Whats the proper way to go about adjusting the striker? Currently my doors do no shut completly without slamming them. I have tried adjusting them but havent had much luck getting the door shut without having to slam it for it to shut completly. I hate the rattling from the doors when going over bumps!!

Originally Posted by T.McG
I looked into those also, thinking I could adapt the air pump for the lumbar support in my bench seat as a pump for the air suspension seat. Didn't know if that would work so went another way. You could just call them and see what they say. I would say those would not work on a bench seat but I don't know.
no idea either really. I will look further into it once that time comes. I have a bunch of other stuff that I want to get done first to the truck.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you may need new pins.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:52 PM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
Originally Posted by quicklook2
you may need new pins.

Is it safe to assume you mean door hing pins? If so do they install just like a regular run of the mill house door hing pin?

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?