2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed cb today, not a whole lot of room...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:37 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed cb today, not a whole lot of room...

Well just got done hooking up my cb. Theres not to many choices as to were to mount it. Maybe I'm just picky but I only found 2 spots were I would even consider mounting one. I ended up putting it at the bottom corner (Right side of steering wheel) were it kinda V's when it bulges out to the center part of the dash. I put it there after a long debate as to putting it right above the E-brake release. I didnt go with that place because I figured I would knock the handle off every time I got in/out. Lol this maybe a wasted post. Do people still use cb's (besides semi's) out side of Arkansas?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:46 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Damn...I remember the days of the Citizen Broadcast radios...Fond memories too. But nowaday's, it's Cell Phones and Sprint-style instant messaging. I don't know which is better, to be honest. I wish I could regress back into the 70's and 80's from time to time.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:24 PM
baitmaster
Posting Guru
I have one in both of my trucks. Mostly to get instant weather channel on a trip. But you can still talk to the truckers out there. Back in the day, it saved me a few speeding tix. (Breaker, Breaker, Smoky Bear at mile marker 31)! Nowadays, who calls you on a cell phone to tell you that? In my younger yrs, we all had them, including the local sheriffs dept. they would listen to our phony messages and try to catch us doing burnouts, and street racing. Little did they know we were sitting up on the hill drinking beer, and watching them run all over trying to find us. Hee Hee!