The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Do You Enjoy Mowing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:55 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a cub cadet zeroturn

From website,
22HP* KawasakiŽ V-Twin OHV engine for longer engine life, quieter operation and better ride.
Full-pressure lubrication w/spin-on oil filter. Easy access makes routine maintenance of your zero turn mower quick and easy.
Dual Hydro-Gear™ EZT transmission - no hoses between the pump and motor gives more power to operate the deck.
50" triple blade deck.
Exclusive Smart Jet™ Deck Wash System. High pressure water cleans out grass and debris build-up under the deck.
Electric PTO for smoother deck engagement on your zero turn mower.
Pivoting front axle provides a smoother ride and a more professional cut while allowing a more enjoyable riding experience.
* as rated by engine manufacturer
The only difference in this one and the one I have is that mine has a kholer instead of a kawasaki.

It cuts my mowin time in half compared to our old cub normal stlye one that it burnt along with our store, and thats how we accumulated this one.

I like to mow but HATE weedeating...

Old 04-05-2008, 08:08 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
last year I had a coupla scags, now i just have a lil push mower, i like it

Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rivet96
I've always wondered.... how do these steer and drive? do they steer like a bulldozer? where u pull one lever back and one forward to turn?

Yup you are right. If you push the left lever foward and the right lever backwards, u turn right. If you push the right lever forward and the left lever backwards u turn left. In order to go backwards u pull both levers back and inorder to go forward, u push both levers forward.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
cdrmotorsports
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... and if you pull back really hard and then forward really hard you can do some pretty good wheelies (on other people's machines of course, I wouldn't submit mine to that abuse!).

Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Ive done that on mine! lol I have also had someone hang off of my ROPS bars and that also did a wheelie!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:27 PM
76F250Gal
Senior User
I love mowing the lawn (on riding lawn mowers)!! I'm 23 and looking at buying a house on 5 acres and I'm most excited because I get to mow lawn again! I hate living in apartments....

Old 04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
What mower are you going to use?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
I used to enjoy mowing, but now ive developed some kinda allergies and it drives me nuts, after like 10 minutes im absolulty miserable and i will stay that way for like an hour after i stop mowing. So i take my mowing time and turned it into wrenching time, and i pay a kid down the street to mow. He gets money, i get to be not miserable. Good trade if you ask me.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 AM
76F250Gal
Senior User
Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
What mower are you going to use?
I'd like to get one with a zero turning radius, but it depends on what the money situation looks like once I do actually buy the house. I've been drooling over them at Lowes and Home Depot lately though

Old 04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
ben97
Senior User
I also mow for a living and I love it. I have a 60in Dixie Chopper, and a 52in Toro.... and yes, they can do some pretty good wheelies!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
I love mowin for a livin lol. Do you belong to Lawnsite.com? If u do i suggest u sign up. Its like a FTE but for lawn care!!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 PM
PowerStroker?
Senior User
And here is the quote for the above picture.

"Y'all check this out! I can do it without spillin ma beer!"

And to the guy who was drooling at Home Depot....

DON'T DO IT!! Go to the dealership. I PROMISE you will have a much better time with a mower that came from the dealership. The stuff they sell at Home Cheapo has plastic nuts and such on it. (So says my brother who worked for the local JD dealership for two years) They'd CONSTANTLY see the Home Depot mowers come in and not be fixable because they were such junk to start with.

At 75$ an hour plus parts it's FAR cheaper to buy the better mower from the dealership. Trust me.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:21 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 76F250Gal
I'd like to get one with a zero turning radius, but it depends on what the money situation looks like once I do actually buy the house. I've been drooling over them at Lowes and Home Depot lately though

Go to a dealership and get a cub enforcer for like 1 or two more grand. It will outlast the mowers at lowes or home depot ten times longer.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:17 AM
merlynr
Posting Guru
I mow with a 1976 Sears 42" mower that someone gave me 5 years ago because it wouldn't start. One of the interlocks was bad, so I bypassed it. One of the valves was stuck open, but I freed it up thru the sparkplug hole with lubricant. Since then I've replaced a bearing on the deck, The idler pulley on the deck with one from a 302 Ford, ign key from an old chevy,and my son broke the steering wheel, so it put on one of those small "racing wheels" with thick rubber rim and it's way better than the original. Yesterday I had to fix the starter as it had a bad brush. Just a broken wire. I love that old engine as it's a Techumseh and the sticker sez cast iron-Temkin roller bearings.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Push mower here, love to mow!! And weed whack Allergic to grass though, which sucks because I love yard work. . .

No cool wheelies here, unless I push down on the handle Though, I do plan on putting a gimbaled boat drink holder on the center handle

Quick Reply: Do You Enjoy Mowing?