wvo and engine longevity

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 PM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn I have never been told that. And I would think I would have heard that b/c I talk about WVO constantly. And that makes sense, my truck runs so much better when I change the oil. Oh well, I'll start doing that now.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 PM
muns53
Freshman User
Ouch! I just read your entire other thread. Those guys will set you straight on how to rebuild and recover from this. With some simple upgrades to your WVO system to get a proper full purge, more heat on the oil, to completely isolate the veg from the diesel side, and if you do some upgrades to your filtration system (to get your oil completely de-watered and fine-filtered), you should be able to get back to WVO again at some point in the future. I understand if you'll be gunshy for a while, though.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 PM
diesel&coffee
Junior User
Good day - yea if you run a true WVO system with 90 - 99% or any high % u best have 2 complete fuel line sytems with the only point of contact between the two is right before you hit the engine.. ie: a 3 way solenoid valve - one port the WVO line and the other the diesel fuel.. The WVO line from tank to front is a 1/2 alum line that runs throu a 1 1/2 or so line that NOW has the radiator coolent flowing throu it and thus heating the WVO line.. U basically replumb your coolant line from front to back of truck with the WVO inside.

Start the truck on diesel and shut down the truck on diesel via a 3 way solenoid valve have return for the WVO to tank... A switch, WVO line temp gauges..

Filtering the stuff at home.. Never can be too careful - most certainly on HPCR engines like a cummins.. Anyway settle, settle, filter in something like a "filterbag" filter, etc, etc.. the more you filter at home the less issues in the truck with inline filters.... They have filter housing heating units..

On the 3 way solenoid valves have a look at Hydrofroce Hydraulic valves.. CNC machining with viton seals.. Find the series that has port sizes for the 1/2 lines.. Have the port eyes drilled out a little by a dist. for better flow rate if you have a high flow rate pump.. The coils can take the heat..

ps: are you can run commerical B5 / B20 in your $50,000 truck and the left pump, injectors, top cyn, etc will love you and the truck should run for ever.. Can't beat refinery blended Bio..

Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Originally Posted by muns53
Ouch! I just read your entire other thread. Those guys will set you straight on how to rebuild and recover from this. With some simple upgrades to your WVO system to get a proper full purge, more heat on the oil, to completely isolate the veg from the diesel side, and if you do some upgrades to your filtration system (to get your oil completely de-watered and fine-filtered), you should be able to get back to WVO again at some point in the future. I understand if you'll be gunshy for a while, though.
Originally Posted by diesel&coffee
Good day - yea if you run a true WVO system with 90 - 99% or any high % u best have 2 complete fuel line sytems with the only point of contact between the two is right before you hit the engine.. ie: a 3 way solenoid valve - one port the WVO line and the other the diesel fuel.. The WVO line from tank to front is a 1/2 alum line that runs throu a 1 1/2 or so line that NOW has the radiator coolent flowing throu it and thus heating the WVO line.. U basically replumb your coolant line from front to back of truck with the WVO inside.

Start the truck on diesel and shut down the truck on diesel via a 3 way solenoid valve have return for the WVO to tank... A switch, WVO line temp gauges..

Filtering the stuff at home.. Never can be too careful - most certainly on HPCR engines like a cummins.. Anyway settle, settle, filter in something like a "filterbag" filter, etc, etc.. the more you filter at home the less issues in the truck with inline filters.... They have filter housing heating units..

On the 3 way solenoid valves have a look at Hydrofroce Hydraulic valves.. CNC machining with viton seals.. Find the series that has port sizes for the 1/2 lines.. Have the port eyes drilled out a little by a dist. for better flow rate if you have a high flow rate pump.. The coils can take the heat..

ps: are you can run commerical B5 / B20 in your $50,000 truck and the left pump, injectors, top cyn, etc will love you and the truck should run for ever.. Can't beat refinery blended Bio..
Yea its 100% my fault. I have a pretty good system in my truck, I just didn't start up and shut down on diesel b/c I didn't want to use any diesel at all.

I have two completely seperate systems, 100 gallon tank in the bed of the truck with a hot fox pick up (coolant lines ran to thank), racor 900 filter, fuel pump, then another standard diesel filter, then three way solinoid valve right before the engine, very very close to the engine in fact.

I don't like the grease line inside the coolant line set up because if there was to ever be a brake in the grease line you would have grease in your coolant and coolant in your engine! Very Very bad, I didn't want to take that chance.

At the end of all this though I do not think that WVO was the cause of the problem in my truck, althought the way those injectors look it definitly wasn not helping! I needed to change my oil more often than 7k miles. I think if I had changed it every 3k miles this problem never would have happened.

Oh well, live and learn. And with the money I saved by running WVO and the business I started because of it I'm not too worried about this problem. I will fix it, because this forum is the best, and I will drive on!

Joe