Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Junior User

F250REBEL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Places to Wheel?

I am just wondering if anyone had any good wheeling places taht they could share with me. I am in cedar springs michigan and in my younger days i wouldnt hesitate to take my jeep tresspassing to go fourwheeling, but now that i am older and a little smarter "just a little" i just assume stay out of trouble and wheel legally. I usually go down some two track during the spring, but id like a little more of a challenge
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Posting Guru

alz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Silver Lake sand dunes. Not sure when opening day is ,but it's coming soon. Where is Cedar Springs? West side?

1995 F150 4x4 SC 302 4R70W MAF
Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Postmaster

bbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to beholdbbender85 is a splendid one to behold
brandon.c.bender bbender785
you're not going to find much outside of silver lake, and the mounds on the east side of the state. i went on a few trail rides this winter, at the allegan state game area near allegan, and also at the yankee springs recreational area near gun lake... but both were just tame trail rides. everything that's half a challenge in this state is now closed.

there is a private park in hart, right near the dunes, that the guys hold a few events here and there. the owner is a regular poster on greatlakes4x4.com and silverlakeforum.com, goes by "FullSize4Life". nice guy, i met him at the dunes.

'04 F350 CCLB 6.0L, 4" turbo back, EGR delete, Atlas 40 FICM, blue spring, SGII, 2.8" minipack,
285's on 16x10's, DVD/audio goodies
Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Junior User

F250REBEL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah you almost have to have your own private land to four wheel on. Other wise there aint much around here. I have proly been down just about every two track in my area summer, fall, winter and spring and those dont pose much of a challenge, but my grandparents own a 400 acre farm and im gonna see what i can do to get out there and wheel. Maybe have a four wheeling get together out there is they are fine with it!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Elder User

peganit2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There's a place called "The Mounds" in the Genesee County parks system.

I haven't been there since I was a teen, but it's still open. It's pretty popular around here in the 4 wheeler crowd.

It was moderately challenging on a bike back in the seventies. Pretty easy to get yourself stuck in a 4 wheeler from what I hear nowadays.

Nominal fee, open year around.

I'm heading back when I get my HighBoy sorted.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Posting Guru

ron86toy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know of some interesting spots around here.......but if you want challenging....you need to go to the U.P.
pic from last time I was at Drummond Island

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter