Sponsored by:

STGs Minions general purpose thread Mk IV

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Tre-E_Ford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quadzjr
im liking the upgrade list and the way you act/post.......and got to love da solidworks too......but id mess with the design a little more.....a little too......uhhh square for my tastes....but good start...
SolidEdge actually, same stuff really. It's what the school makes us use, its cake to use.

Yeah thanks, i try to act respectable when i ask for info, and i try to give correct advice.

As for the square tube, I don't have a bender or the place to put it, so square is easier to work with for now. No worries about the rollcage, nothing but 1.75"-2" .120 wall DOM for me thank you. Suspension is going to be tough seeing as i don't have a lift or tall jack stands. I guess i'll stack wood and then jack stands.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Tre-E_Ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by kjett
Tre, I like the old school rims, wanna sell em?? I have 3 for my 150 in the 5 x 5.5 pattern, and I'm looking for 2 more if anyone knows where I can get them
well i would if i didn't think they were badass too. Even if, they're 8lug. I think i might know someone who has them on their ramcharger.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kjett
Tre, I like the old school rims, wanna sell em?? I have 3 for my 150 in the 5 x 5.5 pattern, and I'm looking for 2 more if anyone knows where I can get them

I think I have some, but they are at my camp.
IF I remember right, they're 15x8, and I have two w/5x5.5.

IF interested I'll go to my camp this week end and pick them up, clean, send pics. Let me know.

I don't know why I can't give you guys rep, I've being
w h o r e i n g
it out latly.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MBBFord
I think I have some, but they are at my camp.
IF I remember right, they're 15x8, and I have two w/5x5.5.

IF interested I'll go to my camp this week end and pick them up, clean, send pics. Let me know.

I don't know why I can't give you guys rep, I've being
w h o r e i n g
it out latly.
Thats where it get tricky finding them. The 3 that I already have are 15x10 and the valve stem is located in the center of the rim, close to the mounting flange, and not near the bead like newer style rims. Thats a big reason I want a set.

If you find they are actually 10" wide, I'd be interested.

Last edited by kjett; 03-06-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tre-E_Ford
Suspension is going to be tough seeing as i don't have a lift or tall jack stands. I guess i'll stack wood and then jack stands.
You don't need a lift of jackstands, just get your buddys together for a hard night of drinking and use the emptys like I'm doing right now....

Actually, I want to end up using 1 of the kegs, or at least part of it, to make a fuel cell for the ranger. Think it would fit the truck really well!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
dragogt
Posting Guru
The incredible drinkable kegs what cant they do.... nice stands, and a good fuel cell also.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Kegs....= Fun

Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
dragogt
Posting Guru
and lots of it.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
My buddy that happens to be a shift manager at the local Hooters brought them to me because I was toying with the idea of a keg fuel cell and from there I want to bolt an igloo 6 pack cooler in the bed, run the fuel lines from the cell, through the bottom of the cooler, wrap a few coils, and back out to the motor. sort of a low buck fuel cool canister. Thinkng about camo paint job and naming the truck "Redneck Pride". Thats the story of how I happen to have 2 empty kegs on hand, and not that I'm a severe drunk....

Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
dragogt
Posting Guru
didn't mean to imply that you were. Kegs are kegs don't matter where you got them. the Igloo sounds like a good Idea.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Oh, I know, I jsut wanted to explain why I happened to have 2 empty kegs laying around to be used as stands for the frame. As you can tell the truck is still on the stock front suspension, and when we removed the rear, we needed something tall enough to keep the frame somewhat level. The kegs happened to be just the right height.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
dragogt
Posting Guru
hey, if it works use it. jmo

Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
quadzjr
just another Rockwell looser
Originally Posted by Tre-E_Ford
SolidEdge actually, same stuff really. It's what the school makes us use, its cake to use.

Yeah thanks, i try to act respectable when i ask for info, and i try to give correct advice.

As for the square tube, I don't have a bender or the place to put it, so square is easier to work with for now. No worries about the rollcage, nothing but 1.75"-2" .120 wall DOM for me thank you. Suspension is going to be tough seeing as i don't have a lift or tall jack stands. I guess i'll stack wood and then jack stands.
i wasn't meaning dont use square tube.....actually i like it, i was refering to the design itself.....its all squares.....but like a said its a good start...

Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
TRE- got a good lookin truck.

Karl, ive toyed around with the idea too, but for my 69. Mostly as a joke, would be intresting though, not real sure on how to do it. If you do decide to make a keg into a fuel cell. TECH WRITE UP!!! please.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
change of topic: Do you guys think that Brett Farve is going to stay retired? Opinions anybody?

Quick Reply: STGs Minions general purpose thread Mk IV