Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

Demolition Derby Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 AM
LaredoF350
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they have a list of approved cars for that class but I may be wrong. I am due for a mistake as I havent made one yet in the new millenium!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:43 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
obviously you're not married!!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 AM
RealTruckMan
FTE Sponsor
Ran these things for 10 years. Hate to say it but the best cars are the 74-76 chevy wagons or sedans. Also the chryslers are tough to beat. Imperials are the best, but you can make one out of a newport or t and c. Just have to weld up the front end some. Had to get out due to cars getting to scarce and expensive. Heck, imperials, if you find them, can go for 1500 bucks. A decent wagon that isn't too rusted was pretty close to a grand when I quit running. Sedans were about 3-500 depending on what was in them.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Its funny how the big old cars gain value like that, just to bb bought, to wreck lol.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM
t_dickie
Laughing Gas
I used to, and still have friends who do.

I ran a 83 Grand Marquis with a 318 hipo in it. 318's are hands down the best engine choice you can make, they love to get screamin hot.

Chrysler wagons aren't the car most make them out to be, the big Chrysler sedans seem to be stronger.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Hey t dickie this is off subject, but do you know the fellas that run that cycle boyz shop down there? I worked with the one brother this winter, and hes from down in your area.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 PM
t_dickie
Laughing Gas
I don't know the brothers that own it, but I know their service manager (that's a guess at his title). He used to be at the Kawasaki dealership here in town, so I know him pretty well. Haven't seen him for a while though either. I'm friends with their painter too, although I don't think he does their stuff anymore. They make a lot of wild bikes design wise, and I'm not a big fan of that. They've got a website, www.cycleboyz.com

Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah I got to see a ton of their bikes from the one brothers computer when we had to stay in a hotel together.

I was just curious if you knew them is all

Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Actually I got to play around with that shop truck bike that is on the website. The trailer is made from a old fuel tank from a peterbilt.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:00 AM
socapots
Senior User
not normally one to bring up old topics. and this one looks real old.
But do any of you guys know of anyone using the 74-76 caprice or impalas for derbys?
Im looking for parts for my summer cruzer. Cant seem to find a parts car around anywhere.
Im out in winnipeg manitoba.
Id even be willing to strip a car for a guy and pay him for it. lol.
anyways. thanks for any leads.

edit:and been around this site for a bit. never knew this area even existed. lol. glad i found it now. lol.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Those impalas used to be pretty plentiful around old farms and junkyards around here.

What parts do you need?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Snowking
Post Fiend
There's still a few old school wreckers around. That would still be holding onto atleast a few desirable paarts if not whole cars. One that comes to. Mind I forget their name but they are in North corman Park behind Westeel and Saskatoon truck parts area

Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's Brock's salvage they have a web page. Does not show anything. More a contact.
Like Preppy said. Those cars were everywhere in the 70's and now they are hard to find. Glad to see you saving one of those old dinosaurs.
Right now off the top of my head I do not recall any around. I even sold a few Chryslers from the 70's that wound up in derby's. Hate to see them go. But when these derby guys pay you $500 for a car that would of needed total restoring. It was a shame.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 AM
socapots
Senior User
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Those impalas used to be pretty plentiful around old farms and junkyards around here.

What parts do you need?
im mainly looking for all the A/C components to put in mine everything from dash parts to under the hood parts.
But would also love to have power options like windows, power bench

Originally Posted by Snowking
There's still a few old school wreckers around. That would still be holding onto atleast a few desirable paarts if not whole cars. One that comes to. Mind I forget their name but they are in North corman Park behind Westeel and Saskatoon truck parts area
thats good to know. i know a guy out that way who may be able to help me out with holding parts for me. lol.

Originally Posted by 66gpw
That's Brock's salvage they have a web page. Does not show anything. More a contact.
Like Preppy said. Those cars were everywhere in the 70's and now they are hard to find. Glad to see you saving one of those old dinosaurs.
Right now off the top of my head I do not recall any around. I even sold a few Chryslers from the 70's that wound up in derby's. Hate to see them go. But when these derby guys pay you $500 for a car that would of needed total restoring. It was a shame.
I'll have to give them a call. thanks again.
They are such nice driving cars. But once they are to far gone they might as well bring someone joy at the derby then sit and rot in a field.
At least thats the way i looked at it.

thanks again guys. ive been searching online for derbys here in manitoba. but i looks like ive missed most of them for this season.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Snowking
Post Fiend
Saskatoon has a big one coming up in the Ex in 2weeks I think

Quick Reply: Demolition Derby Car