Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Arizona Chapter campout

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Arizona Chapter campout

Wanted to let you people know the Arizona Chapter of FTE is planning a weekend outing at Lynx Lake in Prescott Arizona April 5-6 2008. Your invited to join us. There is fishing, camping & 4x4 adventures to be had. Please let us know if any of your will be attending.

Thanks, Craig
Arizona Chapter

Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the invite but we have a race that weekend and will be in CA. I love that area though, very pretty.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
It is a long drive from Fallon. My wife & I are from Smith & Mason Valleys. I'm from a 4th generation ranch family. My Grandfather was born in Yerington in 1890s. My wife grew up in Smith Valley.
Have fun at the races, I was part of a Class 10 Buggy pit crew several years ago at the VORRA race in Yerington. It was around 1989.
My thought was a few of the Las Vegas crew might come down. But any of you are WELCOME.
Craig

Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
my best time from Prescott to Fallon was 8 hours towing the 20' 5th wheel flatbed that was in 91 when I lived in Fallon. passed a highway patrol south of Hawthorn going opisite direction I was going 95 he was 150 pluss in the lamborgini I didn't even slow down and never seen him again.
Originally Posted by kermmydog
It is a long drive from Fallon. My wife & I are from Smith & Mason Valleys. I'm from a 4th generation ranch family. My Grandfather was born in Yerington in 1890s. My wife grew up in Smith Valley.
Have fun at the races, I was part of a Class 10 Buggy pit crew several years ago at the VORRA race in Yerington. It was around 1989.
My thought was a few of the Las Vegas crew might come down. But any of you are WELCOME.
Craig

Old 03-22-2008, 10:16 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by helifixer
my best time from Prescott to Fallon was 8 hours towing the 20' 5th wheel flatbed that was in 91 when I lived in Fallon. passed a highway patrol south of Hawthorn going opisite direction I was going 95 he was 150 pluss in the lamborgini I didn't even slow down and never seen him again.
Are you sure that was a NHP? I never have seen them in any Lamborghini's. They have some Camero's & Mustang's back then. Plus a couple of Mopars that were modified beyond the factory stuff.
Craig

Old 03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
We still have those races if you're ever up this way!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Yea, my wife's parents live in Yerington. My wife's family is close to some of the old Fallon farm families. Her grandfather & father build E.C.Bess school. That is what it use to be called anyway. The old school heading out towards Austin on the right side of the road. I graduated from Mineral County High School back in the 60s. Fallon was a big rivalry, we burned an "H" in their lawn one year. Then many of the Fallon guys & a few of the Hawthorne guys after high school worked in Gabbs in the mine there. I was one of the Hawthorne guys. We use to have to go through Sheckler Rd to get to Reno. In those days Nevada license plates showed what county you were from. The Fallon cops loved to stop Mineral Co cars for anything they could. Mainly us kids because we raised so much heck in Fallon. In those days Sheckler Rd was dirt, Williams St the only things that far down was what is now the Tire shop was a station but it closed early like 8PM, The **** & Bull was a rowdy bar. Fairgrounds was where the old WalMart is.
Anyway a little history for you.
Craig

Old 03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Ha ha that's funny, we went to the **** n Bull tonight for dollar tacos lol! I live just west of Sheckler cut-off. EC Best is still there and open. The races in Yerington are on Memorial day and Labor day weekends if you happen to be up that way. My husband remembers some of that stuff, he's live here for 20 years, I've only lived here permanently for 2 1/2. What a small world!

Old 03-25-2008, 04:46 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Yea, It is a small world. My wife almost took a teaching position in Lovelock, but we live full time in an RV & have for 10+years. There are no nice RV parks in Lovelock or Fallon. There are a couple of teachers that commute from Fallon to Lovelock. My wife did a long-term sub position in Lovelock in 05, she commuted from Winnemucca. We're friends with Ron Skinner the Sheriff of Pershing Co. I grew up with Judge Wagners sisters. He is the District Judge from Lovelock.
Craig

Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Actually, Ron Giovanetti sold Fallon RV park last year, and the new owners have lowered the rent and are making improvemets. I used to stay there a lot before I moved here, traveled for my last job and spent a lot of time in the RV, 8-10 months a year. I don't know about Lovelock, I've only been there a few times for races.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Is Fallon RV around 8-10 miles out on the Reno Highway, on the left heading to Reno? If so we looked into that park a few years ago & it was going down hill fast. Isn't it the one with the station & store? We looked at the Hub Totel on the right about 4-5 miles from town. They wouldn't let us have our 10' Cargo Trailer. Lovelock has 2 parks that are real questionable in my opinion. We are use to living in good parks. Rent not an issues to a point. We pay $365/mo here in Kingman that includes everything. We have a big lot & can have our Cargo Trailer & 2 vehicles. We have a 32' TT with a 12' slide-out. We are right in Old Historic Downtown Kingman. Great location, secure, quiet, trees, great owners & managers. Grounds are always kept up. Swimming pool, Laundry, sitting room, dog run, paved streets. This is what we are use to & like. It is hard to fine RV parks in Rural Nevada that are even anywhere close, yet they want almost the same money as we pay here. $365 includes electricity unlimited use.
My wife & I are going to be in Yerington, Battle Mountain & other points I'm sure. When we get ready to head that way I will PM you & maybe you & your husband can have lunch with my wife & I. It will be around the end of June. We are doing a show in Battle Mountain over the Fourth of July. We aren't sure if we will go to BM first then head to Yerington or Yerington first. But either way we have to come right through Fallon.
Craig

Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Yes, that's the one. The former owners were using it to finance other interests, the new owners run it as a business and own several other campgound/filling stations. No pool, but they've started making improvements to the property, the store is now fully stocked and staffed (no more closing at 5 pm) and they're putting in a Godfather's Pizza in the unused portion of the store so you won't have to drive all the way into town to eat. The lower prices have brought them a lot more business. The old owners raised the space rent as business dropped off in turn driving away more business. Electric didn't used to be included but it may be now. I don't know about the Hub Totel (now Sage Valley or something like that), we never stayed there. But the last time we stayed at Fallon RV we rented a second space for our 24' cargo trailer with no problem, and used to keep our boat over in front.

Let me know when you're coming through, that would be fun. When in June will you be here? If you like racing, there's Octane Fest June 10-15 featuring all kinds of on and off road racing, it's the first one in honor of Fallon's 100th anniversary. We (VORRA) are putting on a short course off-road race, there'll be drag races and dirt track too I'm sure.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:47 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
That is a neat deal about Fallon RV It sounds like the Hub Totel has maybe changed hands also. Fallon has changed IMHO for the better with the increase of people. The old money is giving way to new money which has to be an improvement. I started seeing changes coming over the years. I use to have Jetway Chevrolet service my wife's truck. They are part of the newer money in Fallon. Their service was very good, they always treated us fair & were very friendly. The gal that was there service writer was from Las Vegas. She was young but very sharp. When I say young I was old enough to be her father. I believe the owners of that are from Montana. If it is still under the same ownership.
We aren't sure what we will do. My wife is a teacher in Bullhead City AZ. School is out May 23. She is off until August 1. I'm a custom knifemaker, & we sell all major brands plus import knives as kind of a side thing. Every year we use to travel Northern Nevada doing different events. We would do the Lovelock Street Fever, & Frontier Days, We did the 4th of July in Battle Mountain, The White Pine Co Fair & Eureka Co Fair, plus a few others. Well with us moving to Arizona last year we just couldn't work it out to continue our circuit. Well this year we have decided to do Battle Mountain & a show in Smith Valley, NV. My wife's hometown. We have some regular customers there that look forward to us coming every year. With gas prices, plus my wife having to return to work Aug 1. we just planned these 2 shows. So we're not sure how long we will be in Nevada. We want to visit with her family in Yerington & Reno. We also want to spend some time in Ely & Elko. We have several friends in the Elko area, we want to see. We lived in Carlin for a few years.
So I will PM you when we have our plans in more detail.
Craig

Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
davethecow
Elder User
Godfathers pizza realy? I live rite down roberson,so the dang place better last longer then Q-doaba..haha that place sucked anyhow.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
not to steal the thread but I lived in Fallon from 08-01-90 to 08-02-91, worked at Pete Lilly's Firestone, 327N. main. (front end and brake technician) we had the Fallon police contract and some NHP contracts and that is how I originally found out about the Lamborghini's

Quick Reply: Arizona Chapter campout