1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Bored,Bored & Bored

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 AM
tlb
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bored,Bored & Bored

Lousy weather, cold and wet outside and had Hernia surgery on Friday. Can't do anything. Can't work on the truck, can't go to work or do anything else.
Got my brake kit to install, new inside and outside door handles but right now all i can do is look at the pile of parts.

Look on the bright side, spring is just around the corner.

Good thing for the FTE site.(best one out there) At least i have something i can do.

Terry

Old 02-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,377 Likes on 1,133 Posts
I feel your pain, it`s like being all dressed up and no where to go.

Last edited by Fomoko1; 02-28-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:52 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Terry I know your pain....I had a hospital stay also and now getting out alittle. You are not far away...In fact we were in Pittsburgh Saturday and now home in the cold....I too have many projects and wish for warmer weather. The worst part is that I have another place in Florida and still up here in the cold.....go figure!! ........Bill

Old 02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
tlb
Elder User

Hi Bill,
I see you are from Geneva. My wife and i usually drive the truck up to Ashtabula at least once in a season on a Sunday to the cruise they have at the park along the lake.
Maybe this summer we can meet there and tell tales about our trucks.

Terry

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Terry --sounds good. We hit Lake Park every Sunday when possible. I will be in a black 56 or a red 71 or a turquoise Avanti or a green 56 or a convertible --haha!!! Never know what will be in but hope to make friends and see you then.....Bill

Old 02-25-2008, 02:31 PM
49willard
Cargo Master
Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by tlb
Lousy weather, cold and wet outside and had Hernia surgery on Friday. Can't do anything. Can't work on the truck, can't go to work or do anything else.
Got my brake kit to install, new inside and outside door handles but right now all i can do is look at the pile of parts.

Look on the bright side, spring is just around the corner.

Good thing for the FTE site.(best one out there) At least i have something i can do.

Terry
Terry,
I had two hernia surgeries a few years ago. I asked the surgeon before the first one how long before I can get back to normal level of activity. He said " I'll tell you the same thing that I tell the lobstermen (I live on the coast of Maine-we have lobstermen), you can haul traps tomorrow if you want". The next day being black and blue over several square feet of my body I understood why he said that. He knew very well that nobody was going to haul traps the next day!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
tlb
Elder User

I sit in front of a computer all day desigining steel mill equipment so it is not physically demanding but i am going to take a week off anyway or until the doctor say's it is ok.
My Wife and i have been to Maine 3 times out of the last 7 years. The most beautiful place we have been. Can't wait to go back again someday.

Terry

Old 02-26-2008, 08:28 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Terry,

New Hampshire is beautiful too and we're right next door to Maine...

Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 AM
53OlderThanMe
Elder User
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods
Terry,

New Hampshire is beautiful too and we're right next door to Maine...
Texas ain't so purty but a cold day means I need a sweat shirt to work on my truck in the garage.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
49willard
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by tlb
I sit in front of a computer all day desigining steel mill equipment so it is not physically demanding but i am going to take a week off anyway or until the doctor say's it is ok.
My Wife and i have been to Maine 3 times out of the last 7 years. The most beautiful place we have been. Can't wait to go back again someday.

Terry
Maine has the mountains, the lakes, the deep woods and the coast. I am a real water guy so I spend a lot of time cruising the coast. Look me up if you find yourself along the coast of Maine. Willard is going to be red like your 48. Nice truck!

Vern is right. New Hampshire, and particularly up in Vern's neck of the woods is beautiful. I have done quite a bit of touring in antique cars up in his area. It is a favorite area for antique car or motorcycle touring.

Vern, I would have connected up with you back in 2005 when I spent a beautiful week touring in your area. That was back before I got to know you a bit via the forum. My wife had dinner one evening in a nice restaurant in Littleton.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts
I know the feeling I just got paroled from my second week long trip to the hospital. My heart doesn't want to stay in rhythm. Got a jump to put it back the first time, meds this time. If this doesn't keep it there I'll have to go back and have a catheter inserted into the heart to zap the faulty circuits.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 AM
49willard
Cargo Master
AX sorry to hear that you are still working to get the electochemical balance straightened out. I had an old car friend that lived many years with an internal defibrilator. When he sensed a heart rhythm problem he would get low and hold onto something for the impending electrical jolt!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
tlb
Elder User

Been to New Hampshire and Vermont also. Prettiest country in the world. We also made a trip up Mount Washington on the cog railroad. Awsome trip.

Ax. sorry to hear about your heart problems. A friend of mine in our truck club has the same problem. Everything seems to be working out for him and I'm sure it will for you also.

Terry

Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 AM
mellowyellow55
Junior User
For our friends in recovery, Watch out for #18!!!!

This will help you pass some time away, and its fun!!!.

18 Holes...Addicting Golf Game!

Go to this link and I promise, even if you're not a golfer, you won't be able to stop.

Watch Out for #18

http://www.ibogleif.dk/spil/flashspi...f/minigolf.swf

Old 02-26-2008, 11:44 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
IF you can ignore all the crazy language and just enjoy the content here is a nice photo gallery from the hamb

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...35#post2611235

Also if you go to youtube.com you can search F100 and there another video on there. Do you have any old magazines that you havent fully looked thru. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Quick Reply: Bored,Bored & Bored