2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 AM
slf06150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle body

Back in August I posted a message about losing the throttle and then the wrench icon would illuminate in the dash; shutting down/restarting would fix this.

In January it started happening about once a week the throttle would not work and wrench icon would appear; then the emissions light came on and stayed on.

I took it to the dealer and they had to re-place the throttle body.
They reflashed the ECU. This locked out my SCT box, so I have to send the box to SCT to have them unlock it before I can re-load the custom dyno tunes that I spent an entire Saturday afternoon doing. This is just info for anyone who has custom tunes and the dealer does a re-flash. Btw I am getting horrible gas mileage again with the factory tune.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Mr.BrrIce
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesn't the manual say, that if you need to go to the dealer, to revert to stock ?
I have an Egde Evo and just had similar situation, but in my case the ABS light would light up and after a while, the wrench lit, and the PCM went to "limp mode". A restart fixed the situation temporaly.
I cleaned the throttle body myself and had the PCM upgraded. I reverted the PCM to stock before they flashed it and then there was no problem reprogramming with the Evo. Now I only get the ABS light up, so the sensor in the rear is propably bad also and was sending mixed signals to the PCM, indicating a false P2106 error, causing the "limp mode".
I hope that fixes my problem.
Did your ABS light lit up too before the wrench lit up ?