WALJON
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem I'm sure you will be helpin me with something one of these days

Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
scatgo
Posting Guru
8* this moring. Was going to take the car to work but just wanted to see what would happen with the truck. Gave it about 10 seconds after the wts light went out and it started right up but the white smoke never went away. It was pretty wild you should have seen it there was a LOT of white smoke. There was a small stedy breez that took the smoke across my neighbors lawn. It looked like he just got buzzed by a crop duster. I guess if I didnt have the car it would not have bin that funny.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
coreylasalle
Elder User

ok so no i cant feel my hands, but hey the starter is out. boy do i wish i had a garage to work in. i hooked the starter to the bat on 50 amp start position and it did nothing, it was under my foot i was holding it on the floor, i stomped on it then it hummed and made a maybe half revolution hummed some more then i unplugged. i dont know if that means anythin but thats that.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, since ya got er out take it someplace warm and cozy. I've never had to do this but heard you can take the back off and there are some grounding contacts in there than get quite nasty. Clean them up and try again. Just might save you cost of new starter and heck .. no harm done if you have to purchase a new one anyway.

Jim

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
kelro
Senior User
Sounds like your starter might have responded to a hammer smack when in the vehicle yet. That is a temporary emergency type fix. You have done the right thing by removing it to get it fixed.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by coreylasalle
ok so no i cant feel my hands, but hey the starter is out. boy do i wish i had a garage to work in. i hooked the starter to the bat on 50 amp start position and it did nothing, it was under my foot i was holding it on the floor, i stomped on it then it hummed and made a maybe half revolution hummed some more then i unplugged. i don't know if that means anything but that's that.
Well I guess it is the starter eh

Do you know of anyone around your neck of the woods that rebuilds alternators and starters

I had mine rebuilt and it cost a fraction of a what a new one cost,it,s been 2 years now and it still works like new

As a mater of fact this morning it got a good workout -29c overnight plugged in it cranked and cranked would,t start so I left it and came back in the afternoon it started but didn,t want to run I changed my oil to 0/40 tonight I will see if this helps

Walter

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
coreylasalle
Elder User

well, i just got out of my night class at 8 and picked up a starter. its snowin now were sposed to get freezin rain by mornin and 8 inches tomorrow. so better get goin b4 i froze to the ground under the truck haha. it would of been nice to get it rebulit for cheaper, but i cant go without the truck another day.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
coreylasalle
Elder User

hey guys. shes a runnin as we speak. it started in seconds of crankin time, i dont think it ever started that fast haha, tryin to start it the other day a few times crankin it longer than usual must of finished the ole starter off, it seemed slugish compared to this new one. ok, thanks for everythin everybody

Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Rite On!!!