Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Secret Agent 069
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi From BC...

This was posted on BB.BC4x4.com where I am a member

Originally Posted by Stormin
Bit of a Hi-jack for a good cause. Canucksafari, you and your wife (others are welcome too) might be interested in this petition. As a father and a truck driver I'm always in favor of stricter driver standards, especially for professional commercial drivers and trainers.
http://www.mycaledon.ca/news/article/38236
http://www.truckpetition.com/
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I'll take your petition to my other trucking forums.
I dont know if any of you have seen this. But I felt it is worth passing along.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Secret Agent? He's a spy!!! Run for your lives!!!!!

Thanks for dropping in. I don't know if new regulations will help, sounds like more of a careless driver. I see some dump truck drivers who drive stupid (driving with no consideration of the weight they're carrying and the poor condition of their truck) and I see many others who are very professional and careful.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Secret Agent 069
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by loudfords
Secret Agent? He's a spy!!! Run for your lives!!!!!
Wanna know my secret???

Originally Posted by loudfords
Thanks for dropping in. I don't know if new regulations will help, sounds like more of a careless driver. I see some dump truck drivers who drive stupid (driving with no consideration of the weight they're carrying and the poor condition of their truck) and I see many others who are very professional and careful.
Regardless of the where. very small percentage of Commercial Drivers are professional. On the whole from personal exeriences, I use to own my own computer company, and I traveled alot and I found that most of the worst drivers were those behind the wheel of a commercial truck. Lack of respect for anyone else on the road, The "I am bigger than you mentality". If I was the making the rule, I would make the rule VERY expensive for truckers to break. I would also make trucking companies liable for any and every trucker that they employ that breaks the law.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:32 AM
WALJON
Posting Guru

I agree there is a lot of bad truck drivers out there and here in northern Ontario most of them end up in the ditch with their fuel and load all over the place.

I used to clean up the messes and a majority of these drivers had only been driving for several months and had just gotten out of a driving school!

The mto should make getting an az or dz licence a progression thing like G1 G2....

most of the guys that have been driving for years are the good drivers

thanks
Walter

Old 02-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Secret Agent 069
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALJON
most of the guys that have been driving for years are the good drivers

thanks
Walter
Yet the number of multi-year drivers is dropping. Like Any business, it is cheaper to higher a new driver, than it is to keep an expereinced driver.

Here in BC, the number of Ethnic drivers out weigh everyone else. And on the whole, they're the worst on the road. Not only do they have the "I'm Bigger" attitude, but they're general dislike for anyone who is not of their ethnic background is very evident. Plus 75% of their vehicles are a death trap waiting to happen.

I have nothing against anyone of any race, until you put my life in danger.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Secret Agent 069
Yet the number of multi-year drivers is dropping. Like Any business, it is cheaper to higher a new driver, than it is to keep an expereinced driver.

Here in BC, the number of Ethnic drivers out weigh everyone else. And on the whole, they're the worst on the road. Not only do they have the "I'm Bigger" attitude, but they're general dislike for anyone who is not of their ethnic background is very evident. Plus 75% of their vehicles are a death trap waiting to happen.

I have nothing against anyone of any race, until you put my life in danger.
Most of the wrecks are these fellows you are talking about from BC passing on corners,up hills the trucks have Bologna skin tires I have no Idea how they get through the scales!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Secret Agent 069
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALJON
Most of the wrecks are these fellows you are talking about from BC passing on corners,up hills the trucks have Bologna skin tires I have no Idea how they get through the scales!
yep, thems would be the ones... They always have a Brother, or cousin, or.... that is working at the scales....