1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Purple people Eater?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Dajudge51
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Looks like an OK truck. I would not mind a buy for a Grand but that is tops unless the bed is lined with gold. Check out my 77 if you have a chance and I guess a fair price would be about the same?????

Dajudge51

Last edited by Dajudge51; 02-06-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Rufubar?
New User
Checked out your 77

Originally Posted by Dajudge51
Looks like an OK truck. I would not mind a buy for a Grand but that is tops unless the bed is lined with gold. Check out my 77 if you have a chance and I guess a fair price would be about the same?????

Dajudge51
Dajudge checked out your 77, Really liked your 65.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
19704X4F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YEAH!!! THE AUCTION IS OVER!!!!....... FOR NOW. HERE IS A PORTION OF THE LISTER'S ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS. IT SEEMED THE MORE HE TALKED, THE BIGGER THE HOLE I COULD DRIVE THAT PURPLE TRUCK THRU.

A:The seller in this case made the biggest mistake by not getting all the documentation. WRONG!!! IT IS THE ONE MAKING THE LISTING TO CHECK ALL DOCUMENTATION. IF YOU DON'T, IT SURE MAKES YOU LOOK SILLY DOESN'T IT?? I did check out Barret-Jackson Auction however did not want to trailer the truck in the winter from Minnesota to Az. And take the chance of hitting a snow storm. HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF TRUCKING COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZE IN HAULING ANTIQUE CARS? IT SURE SEEMS THAT YOU WOULD WANT SOMEONE TO HAUL THAT $750,000 PRIZE INSTEAD OF DOING IT YOURSELF. I had all the information to enter the truck. I am in the process of getting more documentation on the truck. I do know that the trucks value is only what a buyer is willing to pay. I welcome all critics and professionals that know anything as one learns something everyday. With all the Critic I did find out more information on the truck and that there were few made than first quoted. Also I get a lot of emails from persons outside of the Northern District of Ford. The truck was not offered there and were only a handful made in the Northern District also of Critics say they have never seen the truck or heard of it there for it is just a purple truck. I had posted the listing high to try and eliminate this riff raff that has emailed in. I clearly see that was a mistake. Like I said if people paid this much attention to our Troops and the good work that they are doing and dying for and spend as much time Honoring them instead of laughing for something they think is just a Purple Truck. I take no offence in an email such as yours and have flagged and reported all the name calling ones to Ebay. Ebayers should every time they laugh and mock this listing on this site and another should say a prayer for our Troops. The laughing would all be worth it then.Thanks for your email.

ONE MORE THING... I WONDER WHAT THAT THING WAS INSURED FOR? YOU JUST CAN'T GO TO YOUR LOCAL INSURANCE AGENT AND TELL THEM TO INSURE YOUR PURPLE FARM TRUCK WITH OUT THE DOCUMENTATION. TRY TO INSURE IT FOR $750,000. YOU'LL GET LAUGHED OUT OF THEIR OFFICE! I'LL BE WAITING FOR THE NEXT EBAY LISTING OF THE PURPLE TRUCK.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
my72ford
Senior User
i don't care how much "documantation" the seller has.. it is worth no more than $3k tops...he is probably going to re-list it for even more if he says he is in the process in getting more info and documentation on the truck. and as 19704x4250 stated.. i do have to wonder what kind of insurance coverage he has..and if it is worth what he says,his property taxes on it must be out of sight!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a good chuckle out of the trailering to AZ line too. If I and they thought I had a vehicle worth that much they would probably send a trailer to pick it up for free. 18% of 1-2mil is worth it easy. I wonder if he thinks that everyone ******* on him is why it didn't sell.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 PM
19704X4F250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by my72ford
and if it is worth what he says,his property taxes on it must be out of sight!
I have been thinking on this quote......remember the guy who caught the Barry Bonds ball? This was the ball that broke the home run record? A sports memoriablia appraiser said it was worth at least $500,000 before it had the chance to go to auction or be offically appraised. The IRS got wind of it and demanded their cut up front. The guy had no choice but to auction it. If the IRS gets wind of this truck and the guy has documentation to prove it, maybe the IRS will want their cut first. What the heck...give the IRS the truck and call it even!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:07 PM
1972purplepeopleeate
New User
Lightbulb Haven't You Heard Of Trucking Companies That Specialize In Hauling Antique Cars?

Originally Posted by 19704X4F250
YEAH!!! THE AUCTION IS OVER!!!!....... FOR NOW. HERE IS A PORTION OF THE LISTER'S ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS. IT SEEMED THE MORE HE TALKED, THE BIGGER THE HOLE I COULD DRIVE THAT PURPLE TRUCK THRU.

A:The seller in this case made the biggest mistake by not getting all the documentation. WRONG!!! IT IS THE ONE MAKING THE LISTING TO CHECK ALL DOCUMENTATION. IF YOU DON'T, IT SURE MAKES YOU LOOK SILLY DOESN'T IT?? I did check out Barret-Jackson Auction however did not want to trailer the truck in the winter from Minnesota to Az. And take the chance of hitting a snow storm. HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF TRUCKING COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZE IN HAULING ANTIQUE CARS? IT SURE SEEMS THAT YOU WOULD WANT SOMEONE TO HAUL THAT $750,000 PRIZE INSTEAD OF DOING IT YOURSELF. I had all the information to enter the truck. I am in the process of getting more documentation on the truck. I do know that the trucks value is only what a buyer is willing to pay. I welcome all critics and professionals that know anything as one learns something everyday. With all the Critic I did find out more information on the truck and that there were few made than first quoted. Also I get a lot of emails from persons outside of the Northern District of Ford. The truck was not offered there and were only a handful made in the Northern District also of Critics say they have never seen the truck or heard of it there for it is just a purple truck. I had posted the listing high to try and eliminate this riff raff that has emailed in. I clearly see that was a mistake. Like I said if people paid this much attention to our Troops and the good work that they are doing and dying for and spend as much time Honoring them instead of laughing for something they think is just a Purple Truck. I take no offence in an email such as yours and have flagged and reported all the name calling ones to Ebay. Ebayers should every time they laugh and mock this listing on this site and another should say a prayer for our Troops. The laughing would all be worth it then.Thanks for your email.

ONE MORE THING... I WONDER WHAT THAT THING WAS INSURED FOR? YOU JUST CAN'T GO TO YOUR LOCAL INSURANCE AGENT AND TELL THEM TO INSURE YOUR PURPLE FARM TRUCK WITH OUT THE DOCUMENTATION. TRY TO INSURE IT FOR $750,000. YOU'LL GET LAUGHED OUT OF THEIR OFFICE! I'LL BE WAITING FOR THE NEXT EBAY LISTING OF THE PURPLE TRUCK.
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF TRUCKING COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZE IN HAULING ANTIQUE CARS? IT SURE SEEMS THAT YOU WOULD WANT SOMEONE TO HAUL THAT $750,000 PRIZE INSTEAD OF DOING IT YOURSELF.

<O</O
The concern was not the fact of who hauled the truck.<O</O

<O></O>

The concern was if a snow or ice storm was hit the fear was either rolling or jackknifing the trailer. <O></O>

I have seen may professional semi trucks drivers lose control and either jackknife or lay it on their side going through Iowa, Kansas and Missouri not to mention Minnesota.<O></O>

Just because one specializes in driving or hauling does not make them exempt from a good crash or roll over.<O></O>

I am sure that anyone that has tried to haul something and all of the sudden in a heart beat been looking at the side or rear end of a trailer would tell you that it can happen to anyone even if they do specialize in hauling.<O></O>

<O></O>

Old 03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
OldBlue68
Senior User
ur truck is a joke

Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
1972purplepeopleeate
New User
Ford Enthusiast?? Are you ??

Originally Posted by OldBlue68
ur truck is a joke

It is nice to see such true Ford Enthusiast as yourself.

I truly do respect your option, and it is just that.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

I would never think of running down an others property whether it be truck, car, motorcycle, home ect…

<o></o>

I thought the site was for truly the Ford Enthusiast.

I think it is very rude for an enthusiast to belittle or disrespect another Ford Enthusiast.
<o></o>

And that is in fact what I am whether or not you like the truck or not.

<o></o>

I am very Enthusiastic about the fact that it maybe a one of a kind, that this truck was only offered and distributed in the Northern District with is to include Mn. Part of North & South Dakota part of Wi. and part of Iowa.

<o></o>

If there was a another Ford Enthusiast that had just pulled on old Ford out of a patch of trees on some farmers field and proudly displayed his photos of his prize he just found I would never in my wildest dreams disrespect or belittle that person.

<o></o>

<o></o>

You OldBlue68 should truly be a shammed of your self! <o></o>

<o></o>

Do you have a right to your option?

<o></o>

YES

<o></o>

But sometimes when you cant say anything good you should not say anything at all.

<o></o>

PPE

Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome aboard PPE; All due respect; I'm the one that starter this post in know harm or insult intended. I'm glad your here and hopefully all will learn and grow together.

Mitch

Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
echobunny
New User
Welcome to FTE PPE!

No need to go the holier-than-thou route with the "I thought this site was for truly the Ford Enthusiast" bit and also pulling out the "support the troops" bit in your original listing. It's a bit hypocritical (but really entertaining) cuz of your "greed", no? So in that case, you should donate the vehicle for a good cause/charity.
As you say in your own post, everyone has an option/opinion, even "[oher] true Ford enthusiasts". It ain't the truck we running down, and if you can't figure out what we are running down, well then . . . it's like what they say about finding the boob in the first 20 minutes of playing poker.

BTW - I'm secretly hoping the listing was a joke, cuz it was BRILLIANTLY executed if it was =) GENIUS! Anyhow, real or not, it was a super entertaining read - so thank you for that everything else aside. Really nice truck though (within reason)

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 AM
1972purplepeopleeate
New User
Thanks Mitch - No offence taken

Originally Posted by Customcab
Welcome aboard PPE; All due respect; I'm the one that starter this post in know harm or insult intended. I'm glad your here and hopefully all will learn and grow together.

Mitch
Mitch,

No ofence taken.

Thank you for the welcome.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 AM
1972purplepeopleeate
New User
Support of Our Troops

Originally Posted by echobunny
Welcome to FTE PPE!

No need to go the holier-than-thou route with the "I thought this site was for truly the Ford Enthusiast" bit and also pulling out the "support the troops" bit in your original listing. It's a bit hypocritical (but really entertaining) cuz of your "greed", no? So in that case, you should donate the vehicle for a good cause/charity.
As you say in your own post, everyone has an option/opinion, even "[oher] true Ford enthusiasts". It ain't the truck we running down, and if you can't figure out what we are running down, well then . . . it's like what they say about finding the boob in the first 20 minutes of playing poker.

BTW - I'm secretly hoping the listing was a joke, cuz it was BRILLIANTLY executed if it was =) GENIUS! Anyhow, real or not, it was a super entertaining read - so thank you for that everything else aside. Really nice truck though (within reason)
Echobunny,

Not sure how supporting our Troops in my listing was a bit Hypocritical.

I truley ment it!! The comments were said for the fact that there were thousand of people using negitive enery on the ebay listing. When it would be nice to use that engery to Support Our Troops.

I am a big supporter of our Troops and would have no problem donating to those who defend our children, us and our country Our FREEDOM!

How about you?

I have a brother-in-law that was to retire last year that is now going Irac to serve our County and my sons have plenty of friends in the 18-21 year age that are defending our County and I truley have respect and Honor for them.

Greedy I am not I would give anything I could to anyone that did not have.

I do give to Charities.

My local Sheriff Department and to the Local School District.

How about you??

I never said the price was set in stone and truley thought that there would be more people that would share there knowlage.

Hoiler-than-thou I am not.

It is a little harsh of you to jude someone you do not know.

I would say you think you are the ALMIGHTY!

Back to the truck.

Weather the truck is worth $1,500. or $?? that is between the buyer and seller to decide and that is the only Value it has!!

Period!

The truck is unique and has Ford History along with alot of other unique trucks.

PPE

Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 AM
1972purplepeopleeate
New User
Just for the record

Just for the record, I do not wish to talk smack with any member and only want to talk Ford.

If anyone would like to see more photos of the PPE this link should take you there.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...opleeater1972/

PPE

Old 03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
wizzard351
Postmaster
do you drive this truck offten? i know i would just to show it off

Quick Reply: Purple people Eater?