Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Slacker Steve, reporting in. . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slacker Steve, reporting in. . .

Hi everybody!! I'm just stopping in, letting yall know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or anything. . .though with my past slackness, I doubt anyone noticed

Anyways. . .After Thanksgiving I hit a bit of a rough stretch on the sea of life and ended up cutting up and tossing most of my race truck among other things. Back in the middle of December my computer fried, and the following Christmas week I came down with bronchitis. . .Been struggling with crappy parts for my rebuilt 460 and said to hell with it!! It's going together if I have to hammer parts to fit, and if it blows up when I start it then *#@% it

Finally getting around to posting since the new computer is up and running. . .things are starting to calm down (not going to say much lest I jinx myself, lol) so hopefully I will pick back up checking in more often

Anyways, thats it!

BTW, sorry for not getting back with you and following up on that 1/2" stuff NNBlackGT

Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Hey, Steve good to see you back. Take it east on that poor 460. That's one of my summers projects, dropping a 460 into my 86.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve,

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck. I know the feeling!! You just need to find a better parts supplier for those 460 parts. What all are you lacking to get it back together? I am on the hunt for some upgraded parts and one of those is a replacement crank for the stocker. I'm looking into the Eagle cranks, so if I go that route this year, I'll give ya the good crak that will come out of this motor, that is unless you are trying to go stroker or something.....

Old 01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
bob hare
Senior User
Wow! I thought the Va Chapter was dead since our illustrious leader didn't post anymore!

We need to plan a VA Chapter get-together when it gets warmer.
Good to hear things are looking up for you Steve.

Bob

Old 02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bob hare
We need to plan a VA Chapter get-together when it gets warmer.
I have a bunch of bogs planned this year and some are in Richmond/CHarles City area, maybe we can all meet and you folks can watch the little ranger that could....

Old 02-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Actually, the cam shafts were holding me up. . .now it's just room in the garage and weather. hard to paint whens its cold and wet

The cam in it now fit better than the rest, noticeable drag but I'm going to roll with it. My uncle has some experience under his belt, said they tend to self correct if they aren't that bad once they warm up. I dunno, but I do know I don't really give a rats at this point What happens, happens. . .but I do know it will be a tight lookin' motor if nothing else.

This weekend I should finish putting on the intake and valve covers, exhaust manifold, and start looking at putting the block back in the truck. Then it's basically putting the accessories back on and breaking it in

Glad to see this place is still kickin' some, good hear from yall as well! Hopefully warmer weather will bring about positive changes

Kjett, what kind of block to you plan on using for your 460 build?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
I picked up a 79 F-100 that had a 460 in it. The truck is all stock with a set of D3VE-A2A heads. Right now due to time (only 11 weeks until the mud season begins!!) and money (or my lack there of, where's the dang snow!!!) issues, I'm just getting the bottom end cleaned and freshened up and will have the stock heads milled down with larger valves. I found a link on the web ( http://reincarnation-automotive.com/ ) from head porter Scotty J that shows detailed info on how to port these heads, so I'm venturing into that and doing them myself. Heck if I can do Harley heads with no problems, I can a Ford head, it's just more ports and more time to do them....

Back to the truck, now thats a whole different story! I need to set up the suspension, swap the axles, get the motor/tranny/tranfer case in the thing so I can get the crossmembers right. too much work, not enough time!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Steve Who ?