Carb driping after shut down

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 12:24 PM
riskie
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 18-Sep-01 AT 01:28 PM (EST)[/font][p]Ive got a rebuilt'77 460 with an edelbrock performer and carb, in my 78 4X. Sometimes after I shut down the engine, Ive noticed fuel dripping from linkage on right side at the end of the secondary shaft. I have taken the carb apart and didnt see any cracks and the way the carb is constructed I see no way for the fuel in the float chamber to get there. If anyone has had this problem or any ideas please let me know whats goin on.

Craig

Old 09-19-2001, 01:07 PM
Chuck P.
Elder User

Only one thought really, if you mean pass. side as right, it might be a bad fitting or missing the washer at the fuel inlet? I'm sure you checked but I'll mention anyway-float level to high, or floats sticking, these would show problems while running though-so much for that idea unless set at the top of the bowl on that side and fuel is expanding when it gets heat soaked after shutdown. If you are into the secondaries this might leave a little fuel down on the throttle plates, very, very doubtful though. Sorry, fresh out of ideas, for now!

Old 09-19-2001, 11:31 PM
proud owner
Senior User

When you shut down, there is still fuel in the boosters, which perhaps may be dripping down onto the throttle plates. If this happens, and you have bad throttle shaft-to-mainbody seal, it will leak out of the throttle shafts.. I know for sure Holleys do this occasionally, but not sure about edels... Still, may be a place to check..
best of luck to ya!

J/.c

1965 Ford Galaxie 500 (okay, so not quite a truck)
ANOTHER 460/C6 @ 365hp/519 lb.ft.
14.36@100.4, 16-18 mpg AHHAAAHAAAHAAA!

Old 09-20-2001, 01:34 PM
hillbillyk
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts