2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 f150 super crew suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:40 AM
TAMU05
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 f150 super crew suspension

I posted this in the suspension topic but havn't received any responses. So i figured someone that looks in this topic might know

I am looking to put the fabtech 6" lift on my 04 f150 supercrew 2wd (new body) in the next month or so but i have a few questions. any help would be great!

1. I have heard that 35" tires are all that can fit under the 2wd with a 6" lift, i already have the 2.5" spacers on it, can i go bigger than 35" tires?

2. I always hear about people changing their gears, i don't do much offroading (its 2wd ) will i need to change them?

3. Do you have to get any extensions done on anything else or does the 6" lift not require it?

4. Cheapest place on the net?

Thanks yall

Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TAMU05
I posted this in the suspension topic but havn't received any responses. So i figured someone that looks in this topic might know

I am looking to put the fabtech 6" lift on my 04 f150 supercrew 2wd (new body) in the next month or so but i have a few questions. any help would be great!

1. I have heard that 35" tires are all that can fit under the 2wd with a 6" lift, i already have the 2.5" spacers on it, can i go bigger than 35" tires?

2. I always hear about people changing their gears, i don't do much offroading (its 2wd ) will i need to change them?

3. Do you have to get any extensions done on anything else or does the 6" lift not require it?

4. Cheapest place on the net?

Thanks yall
Why in the world would you want to lift a 2wd 6"?

Anyway....With the 2.5" spacer you could fit 33s for sure, and possibly a little bigger.
IF you put a 35+" tire, you will want to regear to no less than 4.10s and if it were me, it'd be 4.56 if not 4.88(depending on tire size).

You wouldn't need to extend anything that didn't come in the lift(just brackets, and they come with the lift). Driveshafts will be good.

Fabtech is a good quality lift, but I don't know the cheapest place to get it. Some places offer sales and free shipping, and if it were me, I'd look around till I found one. You could try looking through some of the site sponsers(sometimes they give a discount for being a memeber of this forum).

I'm all for lifting a truck and putting big meats under it, but think it through befor you do..... Do you want to take a big hit in your gasmileage while gas is $3+ a gallon?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
ToughBuiltFord
FTE Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBBFord
Why in the world would you want to lift a 2wd 6"?

Anyway....With the 2.5" spacer you could fit 33s for sure, and possibly a little bigger.
IF you put a 35+" tire, you will want to regear to no less than 4.10s and if it were me, it'd be 4.56 if not 4.88(depending on tire size).

You wouldn't need to extend anything that didn't come in the lift(just brackets, and they come with the lift). Driveshafts will be good.

Fabtech is a good quality lift, but I don't know the cheapest place to get it. Some places offer sales and free shipping, and if it were me, I'd look around till I found one. You could try looking through some of the site sponsers(sometimes they give a discount for being a memeber of this forum).

I'm all for lifting a truck and putting big meats under it, but think it through befor you do..... Do you want to take a big hit in your gasmileage while gas is $3+ a gallon?
Fabtech is definitely top of the line. We offer free shipping also. Check it out:

http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A2805A0A0.aspx