1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hood Hinges

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
55FordLover
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Hood Hinges

My hinges were replaced by LMC a year ago because of badd manufacturing defaults...now the hinges were installed easily but there is a problem, when i am driving down the road, the hood pops up near the cab area...I have a chain holding the front down since the center piece was crap...my question is: What can I do to keep the hood from flying up where the hinges are?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Last Chance 55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem (I think) is in the front of your hood. The oringinal latch mechanism can be adjusted forward to create more tension in the hood to stay down at all corners. If you are using a chain to hold the front down, well take some links out. Seriously, you will have to get a usable latch panel and latch assy to correct or at least get you to a decent troubleshooting point.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the problem is your front latch. Replace that and experiment with the adjustment on it. Sometimes it's too far forward and sometimes too far back. Please be sure to report back on your solution, as this is a very common question. Good luck, JAG