Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Elder User

Royson12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking making bio

Want to start making bio. I have been scouring the internet for design ideas for my bio production facility(my barn). I have seen a couple of designs, some instruction for thier use, some ideas for supplies. I figured I would pick yalls brains a little while. Any diagrams, recipes, instructions, experiences would be appreciated. I am really tired of paying mohmar for my diesel, would rather help ******* people. I have a basic understanding of the process, just need the details. Thanks ahead of time. Oh, and lots of pics of plants would be great.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Senior User

skibender is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's an excellent site:

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/
Steve
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
New User

timotheos56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad to hear it! The aforementioned sight is a good one. After spending the last year researching and collecting oil, I went into small scale production a few weeks ago. Have produced 85 gallons so far, in three batches. IMO unless you want/like spending your time researching, collecting, designing, and building a processor, just buy a BIOPRO.

Had I known about them first and had any idea the amount of time and expense I would invest in this project, I would have spent the $8,000 for their plug-n-play model. Check it out and let me know what you think. I will be glad to give you the benefit of my experience, but the biodiesel formats are extremely knowledgable...I'm still considered a NB.

Love the sound of my truck on this stuff...had a bad injector before I started on it and haven't got it fixed yet, but it still is much quieter and I am producing excellent quality fuel...better than anything you can buy!

2004 F350 6.0 4X4 Crew Cab Lariet
1983 Mercedes 240D
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 4X4
1984 F800 60' Bucket Truck
1993 John Deere 950 Tractor
Reddy 70,000 btu space heater
All on B100!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels