1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Old Friends Around?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cwb....another blast from the past.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
cwb
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
Besides, fact will be determined by the courts not by a couple of guys who haven't been on FTE in years coming here merely for this.
I appreciate your point but I think you're mistaken. I'm in possession of most of the facts at the moment but I'll concede cause I know you only like rainbows and ponies here. In any case I did not come here for this. I check in every so often when I get an email about an old thread being replied to. NIce to know nothing's changed.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
As I said, its not the facts at hand that's the problem. Its the motive in posting.

Rainbows and ponies, nope. However, I don't care for the type of tactics many like to pursue on some sites where name calling, cussing, dragging people throught the mud and acting like kids just getting hair-one is the norm. Apparently some feel more at home in that type of environment which is fine for them -- it doesn't belong here.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by cwb
I know you only like rainbows and ponies here. In any case I did not come here for this. I check in every so often when I get an email about an old thread being replied to. NIce to know nothing's changed.
No, not rainbows and ponies. Real tech talk, at least in the SD forum.

And yes, nothing has changed in that regard.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I merely stopped in to see if anybody could fill me in on something I heard about a person I spent a lot of time talking to. I didn't not offer my opinion only asked a question.

Also, I am always around here, just because I don't post on threads about how big a tire can I fit on my truck, doesn't mean I am not lurking in the forums.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by DCSpecial
Funny thing is....I was already planning on pulling all the decals of every company off of my truck since I'm looking into doing some paint.

You still have your SD?

Hey DC....I still have my 99...I got rid of the 01 after the fourth time I knocked the front clip off....that truck was a magnet for ****e and it got all over me.

Im looking at an 08 crew..prolly drop the coin in a month or two...

Old 01-14-2008, 04:03 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Why not post some? Nothing's stopping you.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
My opinions?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
cwb
Posting Guru
KEn this site has never been(or at least this forum)about hard core tech. It stopped being fun when EVERY thread was about what size tire will fit. When you had a few guys dedicated to seriously doing things with our SD's the kabosh was put on because we got a little out of sorts every now and then. You think we wanted to be name calling fools and all that and that wasn't the case. I don't post anymore cause my friends have left and I no longer own a super duty. I do still have some great Fords but there's not too many here that can keep up. I can think of at least five guys off the top of my head who were top posters about GOOD tech on their forums and they split because you are more geared towards thirteen year olds and old men with their trucks still on a rake with corner markers, chrome everything and wind screens on the roof. Your site works for you and obviously you are making money with these thousands of ads that didn't used to be here, so for that I applaud you.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM
cwb
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by krewat
Real tech talk, .
You show me some, something that doesn't include something that's been covered at least twice in the last month and I'll be on board. BTW, what's that? Read the f'in manual? I recall I got the bump once for posting a picture with initials only and now you have smilies that say it. NIce.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Maybe instead of complaining about a site that thousands of people enjoy and get lots of info from you should maybe click the logout button and not come back. Sheesh.

-Matt

P.S. A true enthusiast will tell people a hundred times what tires will fit. Who cares if the same questions get asked lots of times.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by cwb
You show me some, something that doesn't include something that's been covered at least twice in the last month and I'll be on board.
There's only one "will it fit" thread in the first 25 threads

With all the different rim sizes now, with the '05-up rim spacing and coil springs, with all the different spring rates available (ride height), there are plenty of those "will it fit" threads ... justifiably... I wouldn't even dare to make a FAQ.

I have this feeling of deja vu...

Originally Posted by cwb
BTW, what's that? Read the f'in manual? I recall I got the bump once for posting a picture with initials only and now you have smilies that say it. NIce.
That's been there for years.

It may have been way down the list, but it's definitely been there for years. And I do mean 2+, not 1.0000001

Old 01-15-2008, 05:56 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cwb
KEn this site has never been(or at least this forum)about hard core tech. It stopped being fun when EVERY thread was about what size tire will fit. When you had a few guys dedicated to seriously doing things with our SD's the kabosh was put on because we got a little out of sorts every now and then. You think we wanted to be name calling fools and all that and that wasn't the case. I don't post anymore cause my friends have left and I no longer own a super duty. I do still have some great Fords but there's not too many here that can keep up. I can think of at least five guys off the top of my head who were top posters about GOOD tech on their forums and they split because you are more geared towards thirteen year olds and old men with their trucks still on a rake with corner markers, chrome everything and wind screens on the roof. Your site works for you and obviously you are making money with these thousands of ads that didn't used to be here, so for that I applaud you.
Really

Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
I use to love this site, but it was the people who made it that way.
Tech goes so far, but even that gets boring, the same questions over and over.
People who are mechaniclay gifted loose interest and move on.

It's not like anything here is cutting edge and some people need more.
I moved on to bigger projects, and landed one in a magazine.
Now that is getting old, so Im moving on again. That doesnt mean that I still dont enoy whats going on here, it just doesnt consume my time like it did.

I still lurk, but you have more than enough people here to answer any questions the newbs have. I just enjoy catching up with the guys when I have time to do it.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 AM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Yeti
Hey DC....I still have my 99...I got rid of the 01 after the fourth time I knocked the front clip off....that truck was a magnet for ****e and it got all over me.

Im looking at an 08 crew..prolly drop the coin in a month or two...
Chrome front end or the monochrome/sport look?
The 08s with no chrome look pretty good...and you can fit 35/12.50s stock.

I picked up an 07 in March....work truck, few mods since I couldn't leave it alone.

Quick Reply: Any Old Friends Around?