Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Tundra woes “shame” automaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:15 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hobo
No real men drive EMD SD70MAC's and GE ES44AC's. Cars, trucks, and even Kenworths are little jokes compared to what I spend most of my time in. Let me know when pick ups can be consisted together and drag about 17,000-19,000 tons and I'll be impressed.

Until then enjoy living with your truck for your reasons and I'll enjoy mine. As far as a vehicle having anything to do with manhood, well if that is what helps you sleep at night keep deluding yourself.
Do you own a Ford?

Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
No real men drive EMD SD70MAC's and GE ES44AC's. Cars, trucks, and even Kenworths are little jokes compared to what I spend most of my time in. Let me know when pick ups can be consisted together and drag about 17,000-19,000 tons and I'll be impressed.

Until then enjoy living with your truck for your reasons and I'll enjoy mine. As far as a vehicle having anything to do with manhood, well if that is what helps you sleep at night keep deluding yourself.

I'm talking about light duty and medium duty trucks not Locomotives...

Old 12-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Hobo
Senior User
Originally Posted by sglaine
Do you own a Ford?
Not currently. I test drove a new F150 a few weeks ago and found it to be in bad need of a redesign and engine/transmission upgrade.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Hobo
Senior User
I'm talking about light duty and medium duty trucks not Locomotives...
Medium duty trucks? Like GMC Kodiaks/Topkicks and F650's?

What in the heck do those have to do at all with 1/2 tons?

I'll also stand by what I said about trucks for work compared to what I do for a living and use to do it. They are a joke. An inefficient, weak, joke with little future in the long run for long haul trucking. But hey I'm biased, and think I have chosen a good career field.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Not currently. I test drove a new F150 a few weeks ago and found it to be in bad need of a redesign and engine/transmission upgrade.

Then why are you here then if you do not like Fords?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:24 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
seems like allot of theses toyota posts lately.. im thinking toyota employees are creating accounts and trying to brag about there death traps on here to convert the simple minded hoping it will work.. or they are paying off existing members to spot off about how great toyotas are.. if toyotas were so good, wouldnt they have a wonderful website to go to like this one? guess they dont... hmm

Ray

Old 12-31-2007, 10:27 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by greythorn3
seems like allot of theses toyota posts lately.. im thinking toyota employees are creating accounts and trying to brag about there death traps on here to convert the simple minded hoping it will work.. or they are paying off existing members to spot off about how great toyotas are.. if toyotas were so good, wouldnt they have a wonderful website to go to like this one? guess they dont... hmm

Ray

Another thought..They could play out there in the Rice field...

Old 12-31-2007, 10:28 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its vietnam all over again cept they are killing us from the inside out.. making little death traps for people to drive.

ray

Old 12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
its vietnam all over again cept they are killing us from the inside out.. making little death traps for people to drive.

ray

I agree a 100% with you there ...

Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Hobo
Senior User
I was on here before I made my purchase, when I was in the research phase. I thought about getting a Ford, as some friends have had decent luck with the trucks (will never buy a Ford car again). I test drove one a few weeks ago, and ruled it out mid way through the test drive.

That doesn't mean I can't stop in and chat though, or is this not a free country anymore? I don't recall insulting anyone, or acting trollish, I am just relating my experiences. If you are afraid to hear differing opinions than yours I would suggest you not visit internet forums.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Hobo
Senior User

ray
Who is "they" you do know the Tundra is made in the US right?

When I checked the Monroni sticker the Toyota had a higher US parts and labor content than the F150 (which also had some bearing on my decision).

Old 12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
I was on here before I made my purchase, when I was in the research phase. I thought about getting a Ford, as some friends have had decent luck with the trucks (will never buy a Ford car again). I test drove one a few weeks ago, and ruled it out mid way through the test drive.

That doesn't mean I can't stop in and chat though, or is this not a free country anymore? I don't recall insulting anyone, or acting trollish, I am just relating my experiences. If you are afraid to hear differing opinions than yours I would suggest you not visit internet forums.

I have own over 50 Ford Trucks and had great luck with everyone of them..But being here promoting Toyota's and when people here have a passion for there Fords is not going to carry much weight if you know what I mean

Old 12-31-2007, 10:36 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Who is "they" you do know the Tundra is made in the US right?

When I checked the Monroni sticker the Toyota had a higher US parts and labor content than the F150 (which also had some bearing on my decision).

Toyota is still owned by Japan.... Toyota in my opinion is kinda anti-American

Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are afraid to hear differing opinions than yours I would suggest you not visit internet forums.
OH but woldn't the "Ford vs the Competition" forum be much more intresting if all posts were from the only owned three diffrent vehicles in thier life crowd all of which were fords.

Every post would be....

Ford is GOOD

Ford is our LEADER

in FORD we trust

Only real men drive fords everything else is a communist plot.

Perhaps the closed minded types shouldn't visit the Ford VS the COMPETITION forum as odviously they don't understand the theme for this forum

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Toyota is still owned by Japan.... Toyota in my opinion is kinda anti-American"

So is paying Mexican peasants to built your models.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra woes “shame” automaker