1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Cops!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
MikeFromShiloh
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flea
The veggie I am talking about is free. Recycled WVO cost me $0.14/ gallon after all filtering.

Dude is big on veggie oil. And the $0.14 cost is good too. Where do I fill up?

It may work just fine, may not be any neg affects to the engine. How about gellin up? Have read it can gel at 50', ??

I would be fine if there was a good supply, and then more folks would use this veggie oil. But there is not, .....

Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Flea
Elder User
there is tons of it. In fact I always have a surplus.
Everything will gel you just have to heat it.
On powerstrokes and small engines you just start up on diesel and then after about four to five minutes of driving time you can switch. On hot days it is a little quicker. On cold days it is a little longer.
But you can drive back and forth cross country on veggie as long as the truck engine stays warm. In the summer you can shut it down on veggie and leave it for about four to five hours and then come back and start it up on veggie again.

You fill up at your local grease using restaurant.
Watch videos on getting veggie. you can get them from goldenfuelsystems.com

Fletch

Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 PM
powerstrokeddiesel
Posting Guru
what all has to be done to switch a truck over to use veggie???

Old 12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Flea
Elder User
You have to have a tank to put it in and a element to heat the fuel somehow.
Most systems use coolant/antifreeze plumbed back to the tank and also use a pick up unit called the "hotfox" which is a pipe with a chamber of coolant surrounding the tube.
Also I have a heated racor filter unit.
The fuel only has to be hot enough to flow and then the motor has to be above roughly 180 degrees.
Filtration is another factor. I have a 2 micron aquabloc filter in the racor. to catch the water and all the small stuff and fat deposits.

We also filter it down with a filter bag before it goes in the clean tank.

Check out the pics in my sig. and check out the website in my sig.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
i always tell the cops they can't search my truck they sometimes make you sign a piece of paper saying that you didn't let them search it but screw them the only thing they can search is probable cause or bring a drug dog and if it hits then they can search i hate most cops they mess with tax payers instead of crackheads

Old 12-12-2007, 07:34 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
a trucker who has been bringing us semi loads of hay claims he came across a young DOT who he said, like most DOTs was a royal jerk.. he said that he hadcame back the line at the weigh station, and pulls him outta line and takes him around back to write him up. says he was very rude (imagine that) and writes him up. says the whole time he is trying to tell him that he cant be over weight, only to be told off and that if he dont shut up he will run him in. so, he called the US Marshal who surprising lived only a few minutes away. he said the Marshall pulls up, and asks whats goin on. the dot says, i got a call on a red peterbuilt way overweight. the trucker says look at this, and opens the trailer, and was empty. he said the DOT turns and says call this number and this ticket will be erased. (it totalled about $2600). he said the marshal told him to go on, and then turned around and read the DOT his rights.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
I'd believe a story like that 2 stroke. Never again will I have my fire estingisher lying on the floor not properly secured.. That ***** that pulled me over one time searched my rig over and over until he found that. 2 1/2 hours later... even with farm tags.. grr.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 PM
SHOpar
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2 stroke man
well, if these companies shut down, they project diesel to be 1.50 a gallon, due to fuel companies not bein able to sell. i heard notice i said HEARD that JB hunt, Gainey, Swift, Schnieder, Super Service, and others may shutdown for up to a week
As nice as $1.50/gallon would be, unfortunately it'll never happen with a fuel protest. A fuel protest never has and never will affect the price of diesel or gasoline. The simple fact of the matter is that our society can't function without fuel and the oil companies have much deeper pockets than any of us do; even all of the the major trucking companies combined. They can afford to wait out a protest much longer than any transportation company looking to stay in business ever can. It's simple economics - even if most of the major trucking companies organize a protest, customers will still want their goods delivered, and will pay a premium to get them. This means other trucking companies not involved in the protest would move right in and take the business away from those protesting. Besides, the backlog of goods piling up as a result of the protest would have to be moved at some point, so once the protest ended, there would be even greater demand for diesel than there was before the protest, and it's likely diesel prices would spike even higher without ever dropping.

I agree that fuel prices are outrageous - especially with diesel being more expensive than gas when it's less refined, but we need to realize $3.00+/gallon diesel is here to stay until we can push our elected politicians to respond by regulating the oil companies. The way we reduce gas prices is by getting rid of the rediculous oil cartel, start actually prosecuting collusion and price gouging between the big oil companies (rather than the politicians making a big show by saying they are "looking into" price fixing, gouging, and collusion, while conveniently always coming to the same conclusion that there was none), and open up supplies that are readily available, but artificially capped by BS environmental regulations and the oil companies' desire to bilk every last penny out of the consumer.

Sorry for the long rant, but I always get frustrated when I see people mention a fuel protest. That's like protesting the price of food by not eating; the only person your going to hurt is yourself...