429 thunder jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 AM
southwood5
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
429 thunder jet

i have a 429 thunder jet is it posable to fuel inject it with a late model injection like from a 460?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
southwood5
New User
hello out there

Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
mcdonaldm
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
its possible, but as far as pratical, maybe not.

the fuel injected heads and intake are different from the earlier stuff, so you would have to change the heads, intake, exhaust and distributor to the fuel injected stuff. if you are doin that, you may as well just get a complete fuel injected 460 instead. you will also need the computer, wiring harness and a high pressure fuel pump to make it all work. then you will have to figure out the wiring harness and adapt it to your vehicle properly.

another alternative is to use one of the aftermarket fuel injetor kits on your 429 instead. like the Holley system or other comparable systems. a lot simplier in the long run but not cheap.

rgds
Mike

Old 12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
southwood5
New User
thanks

thanks mike for the info, i do apperacate it. im puting it in an 87 f250 that had a fuel injected 302 in it. i will look into the aftermarket fuel injector kits. any other info or ideas i would like if you have any, thanks again. tory
Originally Posted by mcdonaldm
its possible, but as far as pratical, maybe not.

the fuel injected heads and intake are different from the earlier stuff, so you would have to change the heads, intake, exhaust and distributor to the fuel injected stuff. if you are doin that, you may as well just get a complete fuel injected 460 instead. you will also need the computer, wiring harness and a high pressure fuel pump to make it all work. then you will have to figure out the wiring harness and adapt it to your vehicle properly.

another alternative is to use one of the aftermarket fuel injetor kits on your 429 instead. like the Holley system or other comparable systems. a lot simplier in the long run but not cheap.

rgds
Mike