1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

starting problems, and EBPV trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starting problems, and EBPV trouble

my 97 upon startup is cranking several times, then firing, and will die if i dont hold throttle down. i changed CPS last week and thought that fixed it, but today it done it again. it will die if the throttle isnt held about 1/2 down. Do you all think it could be from me running 2 quarts of lucas in the oil? causing the oil to be so thick when cold that the injectors cant hardly handle it? i changed fuel filter again today, flushed out bowl too. maybe the fpr screen?

and...i think the the ebpv is sticking under light throttle pressure. drive along light pressure, and feel a jerk like i been hooked to 20,000 pounds and a whoooooooshhhhhh and then thhhp and it goes on, especially after more throttle pressure. i unplugged the EBPV connector just tonight. HELP

Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and... after the caution lights are on a while the ABS light comes on. turn them off, and it goes off.

and, my left turn signal indicator light sometimes don't come on when i put the signal on.

i know it sounds like alot, but its all minor, and i guess a 10 year old truck deserves a little attention.