Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Open Air Garage

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vanwho
May, June? What does that matter as long as you get it done just the way you want it? As for me, I'm waiting to see the end result, in between throwing parts at my own hunk o' junk. I'm sure it'll be done right.
Throwing parts at my junk. With ya'lls help, of course. ( I need a lot of help! ) I'll let you know when.
BTW. When we put in the cab mounts, the in cab tank needs to come out for access to the rear mounts. Any ideas as what to do with the gas? Any storage cans available? It'll need to drained out before tank removal. Just thought I should make you aware of that. ( it's always something, just my luck, I guess. ) Let me know of any ideas you may have.
we've got 6 or 7 5gallon cans around. And heck henry, for you, I'd even let ya put some of that regular gas in my pretty blue race jug while we work!! That way when it pours back you can feel like your getting a "little extra" in the tank!!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjett
we've got 6 or 7 5gallon cans around. And heck henry, for you, I'd even let ya put some of that regular gas in my pretty blue race jug while we work!! That way when it pours back you can feel like your getting a "little extra" in the tank!!
Hey! That works. I can always use a little " Xtra " in the tank. Everyone needs a little kick in the **** every once in a while.
Gotta hit the showers. Later.

Last edited by vanwho; 02-07-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM
islandhopper03
Freshman User
So what's the status??

I havent heard anything from the Open Air Garage from the past weekend....I am pretty much free this weekend so if the garage is open....??

Old 02-14-2008, 06:07 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Well, the status is this:

I went to pick up the chassis that my Uncle gave me that has all the suspension links and axles that will go into the mudder. After we got it home we made a suprising discovery, the 79 F-150 short bed frame's wheelbase is almost the same as the rangers wheelbase!!! So, knowing that all of the extra work that was going to be needed to move the spring pads and the frame is already setup to handle the 460/c6/205 combo! Heck, I even got a set of driveshafts for it!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
The garage will be in action this Saturday!! Gotta get the donor frame stripped down and covered so it can be ready to weld the suspension components and motor stuff on it. So if anyone is interested in coming on down and hanging out in the cold. Let me know!!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:07 AM
islandhopper03
Freshman User
Need some directions....

Or at least an address or something.....

Old 02-15-2008, 11:09 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
I just tried to PM you my number but it said you were blocking all PMs. I'd rather not post my number or address to avoid people showing up at random times when I'm not there if ya know what I mean.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
islandhopper03
Freshman User
Pm....

Since I have no idea how to change that particular setting, and I looked, just shoot me an email at roy.mccracken.ctr@pentagon.af.mil and/or my islandhopper03@yahoo.com account.

Thanks,
Roy

Old 02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Roy,

I had Nick send you an e-mail on Saturday norning with my #. Now you have it, so give me a call so I can get you good directions. I'm hoping ot go down tomorrow (Sunday) as well to get more done.

Henry, we cut the rear fenderwells out so much today that with just the body lift, we can fit 44"s on the truck and have about 2" of clearance for the tires!!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:00 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Oh, and Roy, about the PM thing. Go to the top of this thread, and look in the blue border on the left where it says "User CP". Open that up and go down to "Edit Options", that is where you will find the PM and E-mail options.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:26 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Well, no garage opening this coming weekend, got family plans all weekend. Good news is I picked up the new to me Lincoln SP-135 T mig welder!! Now I need to get a bottle of argon so I can do some body work!!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 PM
vanwho
Senior User

Henry, we cut the rear fenderwells out so much today that with just the body lift, we can fit 44"s on the truck and have about 2" of clearance for the tires!!!!
I've got a small wooden step ladder , about three steps high . Do you need it to climb in?

Old 02-19-2008, 05:32 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Nope, it doesn't sit much higher than when we got it!!! And actually with my 38's on it, it'll sit about as high as my F-150 with the 33's.... Hows that for a mud drag truck!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Nope, it doesn't sit much higher than when we got it!!! And actually with my 38's on it, it'll sit about as high as my F-150 with the 33's.... Hows that for a mud drag truck!
Still low enuff to jump in and fast enuff to sling mud with. Can't wait to see it when it's slinging mud and haulin' a**!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 AM
islandhopper03
Freshman User
karl, Henry.....any word on the garage this upcoming weekend?? That would be the 1st and 2nd....I'm busy on the second but if there is any action on the first I may be able to stop by....

On another note, do you guys happen to have a schematic or drawing of what each type of transmission looks like from the pan?? I am still fighting my reverse lights and my inspection is up the end of this week. I want to change out whatever switch it is that controls the reverse lights on the transmission. Neutral safety selector switch I think its called?? Any thoughts, ideas, or helpful tidbits??

Thanks guys,
Roy

Quick Reply: Open Air Garage