1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Super Duty Lift Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
truckchop
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hdroadking05
TRUCKCHOP where in Florida are you?
west palm beach

Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
MattyNJ
Senior User
Originally Posted by Overkill
I've got a dealer up in Jeresy (Crazy House Customs) that can take care of you. Feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll get you in contact with them. Here is an example of a DR 4.5 on stock wheels & tires:

wow what size tires are on that? My 2.5 lev. kit looks higher???

How does that kit stack up against this Rancho I was concidering (b4 i did the leveling kit)

http://www.gorancho.com/html/product...erduty4wd.html

Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 PM
hdroadking05
Senior User
MattyNJ - Stick with the DR kit. The ride is much better than stock, lifetime warranty on all the components.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:08 PM
hdroadking05
Senior User
TruckChop - I've been looking for a good shop as well, Im in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Speed & Truck World I am hearing good things about, they have a shop in West Palm I believe. They are installing my 4.5" DR kit for me if I decide not to do it myself.

Keep me posted if you hear anything on a better place. Even a guy that knows how to install these that can help us out would be good.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
SoCalSuperDuty03
Elder User
Just my .02 here... I have lifted a couple hundred trucks over the past 20 years, mostly 4wd, starting with '73-'87 Chevrolets and '73 up Ford F250's, many Jeep CJ's, YJ's and TJ's, F150's, Silverado 1/2T's, and mostly during the last 6 years, dozens of high end Super Duties and Chevy/GMC HD's. I know what quality parts are. I have used lots of what I consider quality components from Donahoe, Fabtech, CST and RIZE. For a leafsprung Super Duty there is only one choice... DR. For coilsprung SD's DR, Fabtech and Rize all make great products, but I tend to use DR and Fabtech the most. In the past I was never an advocate of Fabtech stuff, but some of their products for '05 and up SD's are awesome quality and drive great. Just for the record, this is all just my personal opinion, I do this for fun, not for a living. I drive freight trains to support my kids, but love everything 4wd. Overkill you sound like a knowledgeable human, and are very cool kicking down info. to everyone, I will say nothing but good things about you in the forums and steer business your way.

everybody have a great night!

Tim

Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM
SoCalSuperDuty03
Elder User
del_allen I must say the BDS stuff made your truck look perfect with the 36's, that thing is pretty.

Tim

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For you Florida boys......I know he's not exactly close by being in Lakeland, FL.....but Jesse at Farmboy Fabrications has a good working knowledge of the Super Duty suspension and product knowledge on DR and a variety of other brands.

A bit of a drive, but he could do the install.

www.farmboyfabrications.com

Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
truckchop
Junior User
Originally Posted by hdroadking05
TruckChop - I've been looking for a good shop as well, Im in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Speed & Truck World I am hearing good things about, they have a shop in West Palm I believe. They are installing my 4.5" DR kit for me if I decide not to do it myself.

Keep me posted if you hear anything on a better place. Even a guy that knows how to install these that can help us out would be good.
I deffinitly will keep you posted, i'm calling speed and truck world today to get there .02 cent on this whole thing and youse everybody insite to make my decision.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Overkill
FTE *******
Originally Posted by TP83
Marty, do you recommend DR for a truck that tows a boat and jeeps around? and any recommened DR dealers in northern california? i know if Norcal Truck but thats about it.
The DR 2.5" and 4.5" systems do not affect towing capacity. I have quite a few customers who tow serious weight on a regular basis without issue. In fact the DR systems were initially developed for chase trucks hauling thousands of pounds of parts and equipment in support of SCORE off-road racing trucks under the most sever conditions imaginable.

I don't have anyone in N. CA that I work with but I can get you in contact with someone recommended by DR. FWIW, purchasing the system from us here in TX will save you sales tax and we can still have the product drop shipped to you right from DR in Corona CA.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Overkill
FTE *******
Originally Posted by MattyNJ
wow what size tires are on that? My 2.5 lev. kit looks higher???

How does that kit stack up against this Rancho I was concidering (b4 i did the leveling kit)
The DR offers better spring rates, application specific shock valving, lifetime warranty, made 100% in the USA, and is less expensive.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Overkill
FTE *******
Originally Posted by SoCalSuperDuty03
Just my .02 here... I have lifted a couple hundred trucks over the past 20 years, mostly 4wd, starting with '73-'87 Chevrolets and '73 up Ford F250's, many Jeep CJ's, YJ's and TJ's, F150's, Silverado 1/2T's, and mostly during the last 6 years, dozens of high end Super Duties and Chevy/GMC HD's. I know what quality parts are. I have used lots of what I consider quality components from Donahoe, Fabtech, CST and RIZE. For a leafsprung Super Duty there is only one choice... DR. For coilsprung SD's DR, Fabtech and Rize all make great products, but I tend to use DR and Fabtech the most. In the past I was never an advocate of Fabtech stuff, but some of their products for '05 and up SD's are awesome quality and drive great. Just for the record, this is all just my personal opinion, I do this for fun, not for a living. I drive freight trains to support my kids, but love everything 4wd. Overkill you sound like a knowledgeable human, and are very cool kicking down info. to everyone, I will say nothing but good things about you in the forums and steer business your way.

everybody have a great night!

Tim
Tim,

Well stated reply, Thanks.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much abuse can DR handle off roading? Ive seen some of the air that you got on you tube with the 08 and that green superduty

Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
tlfw
Junior User
Originally Posted by truckchop
were did you buy your kit from and how much?
I called several places including Overkill's trucktoyz shop and was put on a list to call back when they received the kits from Donahoe Racing. I have only received a call back from one company, and I purchased the kit from them. Trucktoyz and a few other places all had the same price.

If I weren't going to install this kit myself, I would have driven down to trucktoyz and had them do all the work. However, there is much satisfaction on getting my hands dirty and working for myself for a change.

The company that I got a call back from was in CA and that saved me on tax.

Several companys that I talked to had all the parts for the 7" DR kit, just lacked one part from the 4.5". I was very close to pulling the trigger on the 7" kit and would have put 37" tires with it. But the wife already says my truck is hard to get into, and it is factory. I also went with the 4.5" kit, believing that I could always get the upgrade from the 4.5 to 7 and back if I didn't like the 7. It was hard for me to decide on the size of the kit, not the manufacturer of the kit. I was going with Donahoe Racing, just came down to either the 4.5" with 35s or 7" with 37s.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 PM
truckchop
Junior User
overkill, has the ride quality on the 2.5" DR kit (with the DR shocks)

Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
one_wicked_element
Senior User
Originally Posted by tlfw
I called several places including Overkill's trucktoyz shop and was put on a list to call back when they received the kits from Donahoe Racing. I have only received a call back from one company, and I purchased the kit from them. Trucktoyz and a few other places all had the same price.

The company that I got a call back from was in CA and that saved me on tax.

.......... and what would that dollar amount be?

Quick Reply: Best Super Duty Lift Kit!