2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dude My Truck Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same water stains,got in the truck with my rain jacket on and when the cloth seat dried it left some dark spots.Figured it was my own falt,the inside of the truck was dusty and the water must have mixed(mudd pie thery)

Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 AM
CLG34
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by black04lariat
You mean that other trucks have problems/issues too? I thought it was just a Ford thing...
Did I say something wrong?

Old 10-21-2007, 03:22 PM
bigblock_drock
Elder User
other vehicles have there share of problems

Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by CLG34
Did I say something wrong?
lol..No. There seems to be a lot of people on here lately and all they do is complain and want to sell their truck because they think Ford is the only manufacturer with problems...

Old 10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
CLG34
Junior User
Originally Posted by black04lariat
lol..No. There seems to be a lot of people on here lately and all they do is complain and want to sell their truck because they think Ford is the only manufacturer with problems...
Ohh OK, yes other trucks have at least as many probs as Ford and I think personaly they have more.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:13 PM
fomocona
New User
bigrob1
I've been monitoring several sites on behalf of Ford and I don't mean to crash this thread. But, I want to reiterate what others have posted and advise you to take your truck to your dealership. Also, if for some reason the dealership does not resolve your concern, please contact the Ford Customer <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:PlaceName w:st=[/img]ord</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st=" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Relationship</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType> at 800-392-3673 (FORD). Thanks.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
2006LT
Freshman User
Thumbs up

X1 Well Put Texas Pete

Originally Posted by Texas Pete
I have a 2004 Lariat SCREW with 52000 trouble free miles. The truck is dealer maintained, and yes, I have established a ten year relationship with the service department. They know my truck inside and out. Master ASE certified mechanics work on my truck. You came to the wrong place to try and slam these trucks. Oftentimes, the attitude is, "I paid 33K for this truck, therefore, if the slightest thing is wrong, the truck is a piece of trash". Try working with the system; you may be surprised what will happen. Oh, and before I get the "Dealership's the problem" mantra, we all know that you have good ones and bad ones. Find a good one and stick with them.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM
poppie
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas Pete
I have a 2004 Lariat SCREW with 52000 trouble free miles. The truck is dealer maintained, and yes, I have established a ten year relationship with the service department. They know my truck inside and out. Master ASE certified mechanics work on my truck. You came to the wrong place to try and slam these trucks. Oftentimes, the attitude is, "I paid 33K for this truck, therefore, if the slightest thing is wrong, the truck is a piece of trash". Try working with the system; you may be surprised what will happen. Oh, and before I get the "Dealership's the problem" mantra, we all know that you have good ones and bad ones. Find a good one and stick with them.
..................you guy's are easy over here,it get's down right ugly over at the 2007 expedtion site,seem's all the issue's over there are from the same 5-6 guy's if you follow the name's,they must have gotten lemon's and no one showed them how to make lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fomocona
bigrob1
I've been monitoring several sites on behalf of Ford and I don't mean to crash this thread. But, I want to reiterate what others have posted and advise you to take your truck to your dealership. Also, if for some reason the dealership does not resolve your concern, please contact the Ford Customer <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:PlaceName w:st=[/img]ord</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st=" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Relationship</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType> at 800-392-3673 (FORD). Thanks.

So... Are you an official Ford rep? Are you saying you're employed Ford to monitor forums for complaints? This sounds more than a little strange and a bit like a snow job.

But then again, you say you're "monitoring several sites on behalf of Ford." And according to your "Biography: I've been working in the FMC warranty dispute resolution group for several years.

Why is warranty dispute resolution monitoring forums?

Perhaps you can tell us what Ford's official position is on bigrob1's problem. Or pick a problem a user has been to the dealer multiple times with no fix. Research that users problem and post Ford's official position for all to see...

Last edited by wildcard30; 10-24-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Texas Pete
Freshman User
Originally Posted by wildcard30

So... Are you an official Ford rep? Are you saying you're employed Ford to monitor forums for complaints? This sounds more than a little strange and a bit like a snow job.

But then again, you say you're "monitoring several sites on behalf of Ford." And according to your "Biography: I've been working in the FMC warranty dispute resolution group for several years.

Why is warranty dispute resolution monitoring forums?

Perhaps you can tell us what Ford's official position is on bigrob1's problem. Or pick a problem a user has been to the dealer multiple times with no fix. Research that users problem and post Ford's official position for all to see...

Reply, bigrob1?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 PM
blogandc2300
New User
Help

BigRob1 I have the same exact problem with my 2004 with 74,000. I got it used last year. Seems like the trans sticks or something when I first start out. Once it warms up doesn't do it again all day. Weird..
I'm anxious to here if you got anywhere with your dealer on that issue.
Thanks

Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Fishin76
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here!

my 2004 Screw has the same problem also, along with the howling rear end.

But I bought the truck used with 66K, now has 70K. I will not be fixing it unless Ford pays.

But it is very weird, like you said, Warms up, and doesn't happen the rest of the day, (or trip).

Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
clayman45
New User
I had that shuddering (vibration) at higher speeds as well with my 05 SCREW. Did not happen all the time, but the smallest bumps, holes or anything would make the entire truck shake.

There is a TSB for that and they put in some sort of GYRO under the left rear of the truck. It looks like a wheelbarrow wheel but the wheel is weighted and moves.

My 05 now drives like all the other fords I have had...smooth and nice. Not sure about the grinding though.

Good luck.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 PM
baitmaster
Posting Guru
Somewhere in this site a few days ago I saw a post from a K&N somebody that says it is a myth that their filter will get oil on the sensor. I havent had any probs with mine and its been cleaned and oiled 3 times. As for the seat stains, get a can of Scotchguard, and do them yourself. I spilled some soda on my armrest, and and it just sat there til I got a rag to blot it up. I have also had leather on a few vehicles, and always gave them a treat of leather conditioner occasionally.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM
mustangz_04
Senior User
Originally Posted by blogandc2300
BigRob1 I have the same exact problem with my 2004 with 74,000. I got it used last year. Seems like the trans sticks or something when I first start out. Once it warms up doesn't do it again all day. Weird..
I'm anxious to here if you got anywhere with your dealer on that issue.
Thanks
that's not a problem - your truck is just warming up. It deliberatly doesnt shift up tothe gear it could be in so that your fluids will get to the proper temperature faster.

Quick Reply: Dude My Truck Sucks