1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Console is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:44 AM
lanceparker
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the 08 consoles with brackets definitely fit an 06 truck, if not I really must have screwed something up. It is too bad that you are having problems finding a console with brackets that is just aggravating. By the way I didn't do as well as storm but $145 for the console with the mounting brackets.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:55 AM
superdutyquest
Senior User
200.00 off of ebay with brackets.I was even able to keep my dvd/tv tuner under the console.love all of the extra storage.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 AM
lanceparker
Freshman User
man that is awesome. I knew you would enjoy it.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:10 AM
NorCalBusa
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(Taping foot waiting for my brackets.)

Oh well, I'll use the time to paint this thing. The "as is" color is okay/close, but for $5 rattle can, I can get it very close to my "medium flint" interior. BTW- both Krylon and Rustoleum offer paint made specifically for plastic. Or, you can use a plastic primer and then any color/paint over that- this is what I did, as the plastic paint color choices are limited.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
lanceparker
Freshman User
you will definitely get the color close enough that no one will notice.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa
(Taping foot waiting for my brackets.)
Thanks for the hook-up on the brackets. I'm communicating my order details with Brian now. FYI, the parts from the dealership would have been $87.00, so I'm saving some milk money

Old 03-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Chance_Thomas
More Turbo
The first time I ordered my console was around xmas. The ebay seller wouldn't send me any tracking information so had to open up a case. The product did finally show up 20 days later without the brackets and slighly damaged. Filed another case I did ask the seller about the brackets but he stated you didn't need them. Long story short do your research. I did finally get my money back and ordered from another source. In a few days console will be here and hopefully my custom badges will be made.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 AM
NorCalBusa
Elder User
My console (off Ebay) got here right away, and the seller did not list brackets as included (nor did they have them- I called after it got here and they said if they had 'em, they'd send 'em- but they didn't). So with the help of FTE, I quickly found Brian's company and ordered the same day my console landed.

So now, its just a matter of them getting in from Ford so he can send them along to me. Time is not a big deal- this is a cosmetic change and has nothing to do with usability of the truck, getting worked up over a week or three delay is dumb- I'll save it for stuff that really matters...

BTW- if your console color doesn't match really well; I'd suggest you go ahead and paint it. The darn thing is out in the open (on arrival) and it takes maybe 20 minutes to prep it super clean and mask it off, then about 5 minutes per coat (with 15 minutes in between) to spray it. Wait another hour and it's good to go. Why do any less and have a cocked eye (and thoughts of "I need to paint that"!) every time you get in the truck?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Don't mask it.. Take it apart.. Takes 5 minutes for me to pull apart an entire console.. Looks better that way

Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM
NorCalBusa
Elder User
Originally Posted by Storm
Don't mask it.. Take it apart.. Takes 5 minutes for me to pull apart an entire console.. Looks better that way
Good point- mine arrived all apart (I guess I assumed they all would, but of course not).

Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 PM
bigrey6306
Senior User
looks real good!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:21 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Talking

My console arrived at my door yesterday @3:00pm. It's in very good-to-great shape, but as I already knew there are no brackets. The color is a match to the two shades of tan in my truck, so no painting required! I also ordered brackets from Brian of directfordparts.com, and hope to see them as soon as possible.

Items Ordered:
Item: CONSOLE BRKT
Total: $23.70

Item: CONSOLE BRKT
Total: $30.68
---------------------
Items Total: $54.38
Shipping: $10.95
Handling Fee: $0.00
Order Total: $65.33

A great deal, considering my local dealer wanted about $40.00 more for the same stuff...

Old 03-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Chance_Thomas
More Turbo
Does anyone have the part number for the female end for utility power? The console already have the utility power outlets but need the other end....

Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM
NorCalBusa
Elder User
The Eagle (er; brackets) have landed! How about that- order to at my door in 4 days! I dunno, I expected some little 14" wide pair- these suckers are more like 2' long!

They arrived undamaged- but there was zero packaging, just tossed in a box that UPS had shredded (one was sticking out the end of the box). Doesn't take much to throw a little bubble wrap on there...I'll let Brian know. Again- neither were damaged.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by NorCalBusa
The Eagle (er; brackets) have landed! How about that- order to at my door in 4 days! I dunno, I expected some little 14" wide pair- these suckers are more like 2' long!

They arrived undamaged- but there was zero packaging, just tossed in a box that UPS had shredded (one was sticking out the end of the box). Doesn't take much to throw a little bubble wrap on there...I'll let Brian know. Again- neither were damaged.
Mine came today, too! I had a couple of pieces of foam in there with them, so all was well. I wasted NO TIME installing them and the new console. It took about 45 minutes to do it all, including pulling out the seats to do it right. Looks real good! I have to get some more pictures of the completed job. I only have some in-work shots now, and have yet to upload them to the web. directfordparts.com is a class-act all the way. Thanks again for the hook-up! I am now in mod limbo for a while...

Quick Reply: 08 Console is in!!