I've about had it with this truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
onephinesuperduty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I've about had it with this truck!

Bought my truck one year ago, almost to this day. A few days after I had it, noticed a smell, and something on the garage floor, this is after ive done a complete tune up. Called the Stealership, they say bring it in, so I do. They call me at work and say the head gaskets are shot. Keep in mind this is only a few days after I have bought the truck. Now they cut me a supposed deal, 800 a side, which i feel is ridiculous seeings as how I had just gotten the truck, I feel that they should pay the whole thing, if not most of it, what do you all think?? Now, for going on a year now, I have been playing catch somebody at the dealership, they guy i dealt with there, the supposed sales manager evidently doesnt give a s*** because i call and his secretary says he is not in, i leave a message, never returns my calls. Today, finally i get a hold of him, he doesnt even know who i am. So im really steamed at this point with the truck. Now to make matters worse, the paint on the bed started bubbling last fall, now that has turned into a huge issue, both diff seals look like they need replaced, bottom lips of front doors are rusting, and the blower motor s*** the bed. Now generally im not one to complain much, but this is ridiculous for a so called "super duty" I do like the truck in general though, it is wonderful outside of these issues.....Anybody got any ideas of what to do to at least get my head gaskets fixed?

Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Camperdaddy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whenever I buy a vehicle, new or used, I balance the cost against what I drive off with. If I buy new, I know I've got a warranty that'll cover most everything because it's new. I also have a huge monthly payment to swallow. If I buy used, I know I could get a used car warranty, or just sit back and enjoy lower monthly payments and bank some cash for misshaps. Granted, no one expects to have stuff fall off on the right turn out of the dealership. That said, I'm not sure the dealer was on the hook for the gaskets here. However, It doesn't sound like he's handled it well since, but there sounded like there was an offer tabled and you turned it down? Based on the run around they've given you, I'd go look up a friendly, local independent shop to have the work done at, support someone local with an interest in keeping his customers happy. Best of luck on the repairs. It is a great truck, sometimes bad things happen.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:58 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Are you sure this wasn't a flood victim?

Did you already pay the $1600 for the head gaskets to be replaced? If so, you've already "signed off" in a way - there's no way to get any money back now, once you paid the bill.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 AM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Camperdaddy
Whenever I buy a vehicle, new or used, I balance the cost against what I drive off with. If I buy new, I know I've got a warranty that'll cover most everything because it's new. I also have a huge monthly payment to swallow. If I buy used, I know I could get a used car warranty, or just sit back and enjoy lower monthly payments and bank some cash for misshaps. Granted, no one expects to have stuff fall off on the right turn out of the dealership. That said, I'm not sure the dealer was on the hook for the gaskets here. However, It doesn't sound like he's handled it well since, but there sounded like there was an offer tabled and you turned it down? Based on the run around they've given you, I'd go look up a friendly, local independent shop to have the work done at, support someone local with an interest in keeping his customers happy. Best of luck on the repairs. It is a great truck, sometimes bad things happen.
In 2002, when i bought my truck with 24k on the clock, for about $24k, i paid the extra $1,800 for the extended warranty....some thought i was nuts.
well, i'm glad i did, when the external keyless entry pad went, and then the sunroof track had to be replaced (had to take the roof of the truck out, from the inside), it was well worth it.

I JUST found a local mechanic, fixed my AC, now i'm using him for everything. why? biggest reason is, he hasn't bull****ted me....well, that's #2. the number 1 reason is, I asked for a quote for a lower ball joint and idler arm. when he gave me the price, i said, "Can you requote that using Moog parts?"
His reply, "I only quote with Moog...and you'll like that they not only have zerk fittings, but the idler arm has 2 fittings!"
nuf said for me.