Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

International Region Australia

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Freshman User

ArtistsRifles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
F-250 used in anger for first time!

Went down to Exeter Friday night to collect our new touring caravan. First time we've used the F-250 in anger and I am VERY impressed!! Ride was relaxing and comfortable and we got 22 mpg (Imperial) running down solo then 18.5 mpg (Imperial) towing a 2000 Kg caravan back home. Much more than we were expecting to get from a 6.0 litre diesel!!!!

This is the unit parked up in Leigh Delamere services on the M4:

Click the image to open in full size.

Looking forwards now to many more trips in the big bus!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Nice looking rig there!!!

You will have to get a tuner, so you can get some strange looks on the motorway as you are passing "hot hatches" with a 3.5t rig towing a 2t caravan!!!

They are real nice trucks thats for sure.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Freshman User

Speaking of tuners...

Any way of getting the FM radio to look at the UK frequencies??
Right now it only sep up the frequency band in 0.2 steps thus: 89.7 - 89.90 - 90.1
A lot of things we listen to are on the even number frequencies such as 105.4 or 100.6 so it would be nice if we could "persuade the radio" to lok at these.....
Old 09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
The radio fitted to the superduty here had .05 increments (if I recall)
I will see what I can do...
Old 09-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
I'll bet you get lots of envoius looks!

Congratulations on the new toy....she's a nice looking ride!

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Lol, about the radio... why not purchase a new one?... just keep the original one stored.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures "He who uses no jack stands is destined to become a jack stand himself"
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encho
Lol, about the radio... why not purchase a new one?... just keep the original one stored.
Looks a different size module to the European ones.. Must admit I haven't actually measured it yet - but the 7000 series one in the wifes UK spec Explorer looks to be not so deep...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Go to some "sound shop" or "tuning shop" and ask them what they do, that might be helpful, and they, as are probably used to deal with imports, might have some sort of answer to your problem.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures "He who uses no jack stands is destined to become a jack stand himself"
Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
That rig must get a lot of stares around Essex!!!

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdox
That rig must get a lot of stares around Essex!!!
Sure does!
Little grannies pootling around in their vehicles tend to adopt the dazed stare of rabbits caught in the flood lights when it approaches or turns in near them...
I rather like the beastie - very comfortable. Just wish the steering wheel was on the other side and/or there was some way of knowing where the passenger side corner was...

Right now we're looking at the cost and useableness of a demountable camper to fit it!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
Mount a little antenna on he extreme right front corner of the bumper as a guide.

Passing has to be tricky too!!!

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdox
Mount a little antenna on he extreme right front corner of the bumper as a guide.

Passing has to be tricky too!!!
Passings not so bad - You can keep the white lines in the mirrors & thus the truck central in the lanes....

Good idea for the aerial - I'll see if I can get a clamp on one fibre glass one to avoid drilling the bumper.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Senior User

ukmat71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
mat1971
lol, the radio , in my X (from Canada) only has the odd numbers 89.9 90.1 90.3 too, there are no even frequencys at all.
not too bad as radio one on the east coast is 93.3 but when i get back towards Essex it goes into 98.8 so have to drop a notch.

as for the little aerials on the bumper, they do help , i have them on mine, you may be just able to make then out on the clickable photo's below.

Marcus

00 Excursion XLT 4x4 6.8 V10 for family
96 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4x4 GSR for fun
Old 03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmat71
lol, the radio , in my X (from Canada) only has the odd numbers 89.9 90.1 90.3 too, there are no even frequencys at all.
not too bad as radio one on the east coast is 93.3 but when i get back towards Essex it goes into 98.8 so have to drop a notch.

as for the little aerials on the bumper, they do help , i have them on mine, you may be just able to make then out on the clickable photo's below.
Thanks for that!!

Yep - I can see them OK. Can I ask where you got your's from?? Or did they come on the vehicle??
Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Senior User

ukmat71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
mat1971
they came with the truck when i got it, they did had little pimp lights on originally but took them off asap.

if you want a close up photo let me know & when the rain stops i'll get one.
they just look like little aerials. drilled through the bumper.
quite handy though as i have to back up into a narror driveway & swing the truck around without hitting the neighbours wall. i only have about 3 inches to play with , and i dont think i'd notice if i hit the wall unless i saw it fall down :lol:

Marcus

00 Excursion XLT 4x4 6.8 V10 for family
96 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4x4 GSR for fun
Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region

Tags
anger, f250, used