2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Interesting Quirk ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 PM
User 9823
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Quirk ?

All

We were driving down to pick up our other car from service the other day in our 07 Expy EB and noticed that at one point when idle in traffic or moving slowly (under 15 mph) the truck was experiencing what can only be described as a shuddering. It felt a little bit like the engine was about to stall (the feeling you get when you don't set enough throttle on say a lawn mower or snow blower). I looked at the RPMs and they were good for idle and the truck moved off from this without issue and seemingly has been fine since.

Interesting quirk or have others seen anything like this ?

Overall love our truck, I put an Apline 10" DVD in the back and that helps even more. Will post some pics. Have had the truck since June but at the momenth still have under 1500 miles on it so have not taken it in for first oil or mirror noise and transmission TSBs yet. The latter TSB I may hold off on.

Thanks

WC

Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Baumbach
Junior User
The transmission TSB might fix the RPM issue

Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 AM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
and it might not. I had issues with my 07 transmission. Got it back last week. They performed the tsb, but it didnt fix it and they owned up to it. They contacted ford, and Ford replaced the valve body inside the transmission. Seems to be working like it should be, only time will tell. I just hope this was the permanent fix.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Newton007
Senior User
Carbon M, I hope your transmission problems are solved now. Please keep us informed on the repair.

Sometimes and I dont know why but in the past, transmission pans seem to leak a little after being pulled off during a repair, but not from the factory.
I always seemed to have a small seepage at the mating surfaces no matter, proper torque or how clean or the type of seal used. Not bad but enough to put a small oil spot on the garage floor. Silicone sealer seemed to help, but not always. I wonder without a dip stick how they know what the correct fluid level is in the transmission? Must be a dealer only top secret. But I would like to know anyway. I won't tell anyone, well, yeah I would.

Wild cat 1, it may be a transmission shifting problem that seems like a an engine problem. I was told by the dealer service department manager that the 07 transmissions had a "common problem". So this may be something to look at.
My transmission now seems to work ok starting out shifting 1-6 with the new TSB reprogram the dealer did, but still can get confused at times as to what gear to be in during a down shift, so I just let it do it's thing until it lines out and gets going.

One thing that happened to me during the test drive of my 07 was, when stopped at a light and took off, if your left foot was on the brake, nothing happened. The engine just sat there and never went above idle no matter how much gas I gave it.
Kind of like when my throttle linkage came loose at a stop light on a 65 Mustang GT I owned once. I just sat there in the middle of a busy intersection.
Being a life long two footed driver, this was odd as I am used to giving it just a little gas before letting off the brake.
A hold over from my 4 speed stick Mustang days I guess.
Any way this only happened during the test drive. It does not do this now, so I am not sure what was happening. The sales man that was with me said that was "normal" but if so it was new to me.

Last edited by Newton007; 08-28-2007 at 02:58 AM.