2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

How does it ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:46 AM
deeblok
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does it ride

Hi,
Im looking for a new suv soon and im considering a tahoe or an expedition and i was wondering which one of these trucks ride better...has anyone driven these trucks back to back? I would like to here some opinions about this before i go try them myself. any thoughts would be nice thanx

Old 08-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Newton007
Senior User
I don't know, but this 07 Expedition seems to ride ok. The steering seems a little tight. But I only have 1020 miles on it.
One thing is that I have noticed is that the tires will "hook up" very easy going around a sharp corner.
If you expect some side ways rear wheel sliding when giving it some gas from a stop / left turn (or right turn) as in most other cars or trucks, don't because it won't, so better let off the gas or you will just keep "hooking up" until you end up side ways in the middle of the street. You don't want to roll it over.
It may be the traction control taking over, I don't know, but it can take you by suprise if you are not expecting it.
It sure did me, so now when making a left turn from a stop sign out on a busy four lane 55 mph highway, I make sure to be fully straightened out before giving it the gas.

It is a minor concern, but good to keep in mind. After the first time it happens. you won't forget.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:37 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
expedition rides smooth, is quiet, drives very nice, has about half the turning radius of the tahoe, has 3rd row power fold seats (in the floor, don't have to remove whole seat).

ONLY drawback of the expedition I have (07) is that ford is currently replacing part of my 6 speed transmission, but at least ford has owned up to the fact that I was having a problem with it, and now they are replacing the parts that were screwing up. Other than this problem that is currently being fixed, I love the expedition.

Next time though I will consider looking at the larger mercedes, lexus and infiniti's. Reasoning is that they provide free loaner cars for any service work being done, granted you are paying quite a bit more for the truck, but you have alot less hassle later on.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM
fireman28
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have driven both. I had my father-in-law's Tahoe for 2 weeks prior to getting my Exp. I didn't like it after the 3rd day. The ride was rougher and I didn't like the stearing. The 3rd row seat is another big plus to the Exp.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by carbonmetallic
Next time though I will consider looking at the larger mercedes, lexus and infiniti's. Reasoning is that they provide free loaner cars for any service work being done, granted you are paying quite a bit more for the truck, but you have alot less hassle later on.
Next time, get a Navigator.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:29 AM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
Originally Posted by jschira
Next time, get a Navigator.
lincoln gives free loaners? I heard that stopped providing loaners for service work?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you don't get one with the wind noise problem, they ride nice.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by carbonmetallic
lincoln gives free loaners? I heard that stopped providing loaners for service work?
Yep. Town Car.

Took my 'Gator in for the free 5000 miles oil change and they gave me a Town Car to use for the day.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
shadowngoz
New User
carbonmetallic,

Giving a loaner car could be a dealership decision. When I brought my truck in for them to change the spark plugs last year, my dealership gave me a loaner car.

- shadow

Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
well i have been to 3 dealerships, and none of them have been willing to give me a loaner, even the one I purchased the truck from.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:09 PM
shadowngoz
New User
Yeah, that does suck.

I guess I was lucky and found a good dealership. They gave me a loaner even though I didn't buy my vehicle from them, and it was out of warranty.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:17 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
you must live in a small town, in Houston they usually dont give that kind of customer service. I will say this though, I think I have found the service department I will use from here on out. They were much nicer and easier to work with than any other dealership I have been to. They went out of there way to make sure my truck was fixed right.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
poppie
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
DEBLOCKSome people on here have had issue's with their expy's,best thing to do is go "RENT ONE" and drive the truck, do it for a weekend, then if you like the truck go to a dealer and pick one out that you like, then "DO NOT' sign on the dotted line untell you have have driven the one you thinking about for at least one hour or more to be sure,the tran's shift's right,the brake's dont pull to the left,the aircondtioner freezes you out and drive it at nite and see if the headlight's do their job and you have none of the issue's that have been posted here "BEFORE" you buy your truck,mine has been FLAWLESS out side of some wind noise driver's side but not so much as to bug me and it was a rental return with a little over 14000 mile's,an Eddie Bower with the power fold 3ed row,WE LOVE OUR'S,and have a little over 3000 mile's on it in a month,get's around 18 mpg mixed driving 13-14 in town,21- 22 on the interstate,would buy one again in a heartbeat,only thing i dont like are the continentle tire's,there noisy and pick up stone's,handel's like a dream,the 6 speed auto give's you plenty of getup and go even with the 3:31 rear end,the engine just idel's at 60 mph,around 1500 rpm,"TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT" poppie

Old 08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by poppie
DEBLOCKSome people on here have had issue's with their expy's,best thing to do is go "RENT ONE" and drive the truck, do it for a weekend, then if you like the truck go to a dealer and pick one out that you like, then "DO NOT' sign on the dotted line untell you have have driven the one you thinking about for at least one hour or more to be sure,the tran's shift's right,the brake's dont pull to the left,the aircondtioner freezes you out and drive it at nite and see if the headlight's do their job and you have none of the issue's that have been posted here "BEFORE" you buy your truck,mine has been FLAWLESS out side of some wind noise driver's side but not so much as to bug me and it was a rental return with a little over 14000 mile's,an Eddie Bower with the power fold 3ed row,WE LOVE OUR'S,and have a little over 3000 mile's on it in a month,get's around 18 mpg mixed driving 13-14 in town,21- 22 on the interstate,would buy one again in a heartbeat,only thing i dont like are the continentle tire's,there noisy and pick up stone's,handel's like a dream,the 6 speed auto give's you plenty of getup and go even with the 3:31 rear end,the engine just idel's at 60 mph,around 1500 rpm,"TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT" poppie
Great Advice! Write down the problems on a paper to check while you drive the car you will be buying. You may forget a few items when you are 'wowed' by the car.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
poppie
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by berry1234
Great Advice! Write down the problems on a paper to check while you drive the car you will be buying. You may forget a few items when you are 'wowed' by the car.
One more thing,if the truck you like has any issue's,walk away and find another dealer that has your truck and drive that one,if it's 100 % buy that one,do not buy into the song and dance about we will get it right,needed to be right the day it left the factory or the dealer need's to put every one of them through the shop to be checked out before they are put on the lot for all of us to see ,it's the end of the model year,dont let the year end deal's get away,my local dealer,3 mile's away had an 06 xlt with 18,000 mile's,certified, but it had new tire's all around and vibrated while driving,they rebalanced all 4 tire's and it still vibrated,we walked away and found this one 60 mile's away, an 07 eddie bower with 14,000 mile's also certified with a free power train coverage tell nov 4 2012 or 100,000 mile's which ever come's 1st for $50.00 a MONTH LESS for 4 year's,went up a year,went up to an eddie and had 4000 less mile's and saved aprox $2400.00, you do the math ,sometime's you have to drive a little to save a LOT!!.

Last edited by poppie; 08-24-2007 at 01:11 PM.