1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I found a bolt supplier on the net...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:58 PM
e william
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a bolt supplier on the net...

While surfing I came across www.boltdepot.com
I ordered some stainless bolts and such that I will polish myself, but the prices were pretty good. I got all of the nuts, lock washers, fender and standard washers and bolts to mount the 7 bed strips, bed sides to outside wood strips, rear bed sill at tailgate and both rear fenders to bedside (including UPS ship) for apx. $68.00
This is all order what you need stuff...no pre-packaged kits for any car or truck.
The bolt heads are all button head with allen key drive in center.
Has anybody used this supplier before??? I'll let you know what I think when the stuff arrives, I'll have plenty of time to look at it while I polish it up!
Ed

Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
mamelukesword
Junior User
Talking Wow!

You spent some time figuring all the specifics out for you bolt purchase. Any chances you are will to share your order details? Keep us posted on the polishing aspect.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Sounds good. If people would keep a list of what they ordered, it would make it a lot easier on the rest of us when the time comes.

They just built a fastenal here locally. I have never been in there. Has anyone ever dealt with them?

Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM
e william
Elder User
I just measured what was taken off and counted up the needs.
I'm hoping the hardware is of some good quality...but I figured I'de chance it at apx. 1/3 of the normal costs I've seen for all the kits that would cover what I ordered. The fender bolts are for dress up rather than function...I have welded the fenders on and dont need bolts anymore, just need to fill the holes. The bed wood I'm using was from the p.o.'s farm (black walnut), so if things dont work out I may end up getting a complete wood\strip\hardware kit down the road and just do it all again....who knows?
I should know something to post about it in a week or so.
Just interested if anyone else had any dealing with these folks.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:46 PM
cal401
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian_B
They just built a fastenal here locally. I have never been in there. Has anyone ever dealt with them?
The company I used to work for bought most of their fasteners from Fastenal. They built large (2 meter) telescopes. No problems with quality or service. I don't think you can buy oneseys and twoseys; just package quantities.

Here's the website: www.fastenal.com

Other sources are MSC and McMaster-Carr .

Cal

Old 08-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Goobzilla
Elder User
Originally Posted by cal401
I don't think you can buy oneseys and twoseys; just package quantities.

Here's the website: www.fastenal.com
Depends on the store and how busy they are. I went in during the week to my local Fastenal for 1 fine thread castle nut and they were very nice and found me what I needed.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
The mom and pop hardware store I used to get bolts and nuts at went out of business. I guess Lowes and Home depot both moving in here did it. I am hoping fastenal will sell in small quantities. Neither one of the big places does.