Thinking about adding performance ignition

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-1999, 07:59 PM
Dave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '93 i6 300 F-150, I also have an MSD 6AL ignition and blaster 2 coil I'm thinking about adding. Anyone have personal experience or advice on doing this? thanks.

dave

Old 08-06-1999, 09:33 AM
bjb12
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave

Within the past year I have added the MSD 6A unit to three of my vehicles: 1968 Mustang with a 289, 71 F-350 with a 400M and a 1984 Bronco with a 302. I have been very satisified with each of the conversions. I noticed much improved performance, smoother engine at idle and at speed, and a small increase in mileage. It is also much easier to start these vehicles both when they are cold and when they are warm.

In the Mustang I already had a Mallory Blaster coil and Mallory Unilite distributer and I kept both of them. In the Bronco I installed a Blaster 2 coil and in the '71 F-350 I used the stock coil for the 400M (which came from a '77 Ranchero).

I had to call MSD's technical support once and they were not only very helpful, they answered my questions very quickly and accurately.

I not only endorse their products, I encourage everyone to make the conversion. The only issue I would have with your truck is that you have electronic ignition and fuel injection. Call MSD to make sure there would not be any conflicts with your existing systems.

Good luck

Bruce

Old 08-10-1999, 11:40 AM
Robert Hiebert