2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont buy cheap

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:43 PM
f150v602
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont buy cheap

Well i had a first hand experience today with my exhaust. When i bought my truck used it had a 1 in 2 out the rear muffler with tips, the tipical poor mans dual, and i never liked it from the begining. the muffler had no marks on it at all the the system looked like it was done in the driveway, in the dark by a blind man. NO offense to blind people intended but it was junk. I decided today to redo the cat back myself with a 40 series flow and just dump it before the axle. it was an easy job and the results are exactly what i was looking for. but thats not the reason im writing this. when i was cutting the pipes off and the old muffler out, rust was falling everywhere and carbon build up and anything else you can think of ( i think a squirrel was even in there) this was one of those knock off flowmasters ive seen people warned about. I didnt put it on the truck but im a victom of it. People be careful of the good deal mufflers out there. In the long run its worth it to spend the money on a muffler that will last and one that is installed right. me and my brother passed around a 40 series muffler for about 6 years and it always performed well. when we got it from a friend of ours, he had been running it for the previous 4 years. were looking at a ten year old muffler that still worked fine and no rust or carbon build up inside. its worth the extra money for the quality. And this goes for all the others too , magnaflow, borla, dynomax, watch out for the knock offs.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah good point thats why i say its good to go stainless steel i think they may last longer and in the long run its worth the extra money good to hear you got your new flow on