1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailboss Toolbox (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trailboss Toolbox (Pics)

Not many realize but a good Toolbox is everything to a man :-P I finally got my Trailboss Toolbox in which is real purty.. It has a newer handle design and the ability to lock/unlock from either side.. Altho the lock isn't build on a rod system, it's something totally weird.. Basically what you do is lock both sides.. Then go and unlock either side and pull the handle, top comes open.. But if you unlock say the Drivers side and walk over to the Passenger side and pull the handle, the lid won't open.. Weird design but I like it :-P

We also built some dividers with MDF board spray painted black and aluminum angle pieces for L-Brackets.. Thanks to TNT for all his hard work this morning, he's sawin logs right now LOL

Holds 6-32oz Bottles of DK.. Store was out so I only got 3 right now lol..

The center section (where Rotella and Jumper Cables are) is there for 4 Gallons of Fluid, 2 Oils and 2 Coolants..

Old 07-21-2007, 05:38 PM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
looks great!

i like the divider idea... i may have to try that. hopefully here in the net month i'll have a tank and compressor in there that i won't want stuff sliding in to..

Old 07-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bbender85
looks great!

i like the divider idea... i may have to try that. hopefully here in the net month i'll have a tank and compressor in there that i won't want stuff sliding in to..
Thanks.. I love it..

Also, was looking through your gallery.. You have the same backup lamps I have.. Where and how did you get 100w bulbs in there? I would so love to change them.. I think they are 55w factory and don't help a whole lot..

Old 07-21-2007, 07:02 PM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Storm
Where and how did you get 100w bulbs in there? I would so love to change them.. I think they are 55w factory and don't help a whole lot..
i bought the bulbs the same time/place i bought the lights (got mine at autozone). i think it's just an H3 bulb. $8'ish bucks i piece i think??

these lights are projector style, so they have a real concentrated beam.. not ideal for backup lights. i love the stealthiness and low profile of the lights, but i wish they were more of a flood pattern. i never even powered the 55w bulbs, but i can imagine you'd want the 100's.

lol.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Gage2502
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storm, what happend to your other truck box? What brand was you old one?
Also how much was the Trailboss?
I was going to get a Better Built for my SD, what do you think?
thanks
~Gage~

Old 07-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Gage2502
Storm, what happend to your other truck box? What brand was you old one?
Also how much was the Trailboss?
I was going to get a Better Built for my SD, what do you think?
thanks
~Gage~
My old Toolbox was from Advanced Auto Parts and for my old F150.. It worked for the time being but was quite narrow and not as nice.. I haven't seen much on Better Built but for me, this one is amazing! I paid $300 for it and the biggest feature is the dual locks.. I have moments when I need something on the passenger side, the ability to unlock that side and open the lid without unlocking the drivers side pleases me.. My box is never unlocked as I have a good habit of locking it everytime I unlock it..

Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 AM
sglynx1
Elder User
Storm that looks great... I love the toolbox! The only thing I don't like is that darn Black & Decker orange and black toolbox, I've broken 5 of those things! I've since decided to spend more on my storage choices.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sglynx1
Storm that looks great... I love the toolbox! The only thing I don't like is that darn Black & Decker orange and black toolbox, I've broken 5 of those things! I've since decided to spend more on my storage choices.
Really? WOW

LOL I've got prob 100 sockets, 3 ratchets, extensions, wiring, 12v test lights, zip ties, screw driver bits, etc.. I've even had it crammed with towels.. Never broke on me yet.. :-P

Old 07-22-2007, 12:34 AM
sglynx1
Elder User
Maybe they make em different in Texas.... either way, I enjoyed em until they broke... but those latches were sure to fall off or in one instance the handle broke off as I lifted it out of my toolbox, scattering a fair amount of stuff I'd rather not have all over the ground ... all over the ground. How much was that toolbox? And do those latches open laterally?

Old 07-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sglynx1
Maybe they make em different in Texas.... either way, I enjoyed em until they broke... but those latches were sure to fall off or in one instance the handle broke off as I lifted it out of my toolbox, scattering a fair amount of stuff I'd rather not have all over the ground ... all over the ground. How much was that toolbox? And do those latches open laterally?
Box cost me $300 bucks.. Yep they do.. You pull em like a PUKE "CHEVY" PUKE door handle.. Only downside but any real man knows how those pull up handles can really suck at times on toolboxes lol.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Powermoon
Senior User
Storm, what type of mat did you use on the bottom of the box. Did it come with the box or was is something you bought and cut to fit in the box? Wondering how I can prevent things from sliding around in my box.

Moon

Old 07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Powermoon
Storm, what type of mat did you use on the bottom of the box. Did it come with the box or was is something you bought and cut to fit in the box? Wondering how I can prevent things from sliding around in my box.

Moon
It was a rubber mat that TNT has laying aorund his house.. Big massive thing.. We just cut it up to fit inside our boxes.. It really holds stuff well..

Old 07-22-2007, 10:38 AM
mitchntx
Senior User
I like the divider idea.

I went to Lowes and bought a couple lock top, Rubbermaid, totes that fit in the bottom of my tool box. It keeps the fluids contained in case a leak appears.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:08 PM
RagingBull2k2
Senior User
what I want to know is where in the hell you got that sticker on the back window?! haha... tool box looks great, btw ... I'm gonna need to buy one soon, since I'm moving to an apartment with no where else to put my tools... and I like that divider idea, as well...

Joey

Old 07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RagingBull2k2
what I want to know is where in the hell you got that sticker on the back window?! haha... tool box looks great, btw ... I'm gonna need to buy one soon, since I'm moving to an apartment with no where else to put my tools... and I like that divider idea, as well...

Joey
Heheh.. I know huh.. It's one-of-a-kind.. Me and a buddy who owns StreetGraphics designed it.. I made the layout out, color scheme and canvas files.. He put it all together to print on Vinyl for me.. He also did my FX4 Powerstroke stickers too.. Both are one-of-a-kind that isn't available for anyone else hehe.. Least not the brushed metal design.. He has prob about 50 different designs for FX4 stickers to replace the plain jane factory ones..

Quick Reply: Trailboss Toolbox (Pics)