2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
T-B_MN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!!

This is a stupid question and i probably won't get anything from it but here goes: I have a Fabtech lift (see sig) and one of the cam bolts has broken off, i found out when having the local shop do an allignment, they found a bolt that would fit the spot but it isn't a permanent solution.

I called the place where i ordered the kit and they could only sell me a pack of 4 of the bolts and it would cost me $87 not including shipping.

I really don't want to spend $100 on a bolt, sooooo.... does anyone know where i could get one??? or maybe someone has a spare one in their back pocket or something? I would appreciate any and all help on this. Thanks!!

EDIT: part # is FT<!-- -->F 292 if that helps

Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Corey872
Senior User
Sorry I don't have a bolt. My two suggestions would be:

1) Call Fabtec directly and let them know a piece of their kit broke and you aren't happy about it. (be polite) but see if they would be willing to send a free or low cost replacement. I don't know for sure, but if it is the bolt I am thinking of, a broken bolt could lead to catastrophic failure? This might be another angle to push with them.

2) If all else fails, see if a local machinist might be able to hook you up. We're basically talking about a bolt with an eccentric washer, and you already have the bolt, so they might be able to make the washer part pretty cheap.

Good Luck

Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
soxfan81
Senior User
I would call Fabtech and explain to them what's going on. What is the size of the bolt what are the threads and how long is it? If it's a regular bolt I am sure you can get one at the hardware store just get the same Grade of Bolt. How did it break? Did you notice it when driving?

Old 07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
T-B_MN
Senior User
Originally Posted by Corey872
Sorry I don't have a bolt. My two suggestions would be:

1) Call Fabtec directly and let them know a piece of their kit broke and you aren't happy about it. (be polite) but see if they would be willing to send a free or low cost replacement. I don't know for sure, but if it is the bolt I am thinking of, a broken bolt could lead to catastrophic failure? This might be another angle to push with them.

2) If all else fails, see if a local machinist might be able to hook you up. We're basically talking about a bolt with an eccentric washer, and you already have the bolt, so they might be able to make the washer part pretty cheap.

Good Luck
The back of the bolt where the nut held it is broken off, so i have the front washer and most of the bolt, it is an odd size and shape to the bolt which is why i am having trouble finding one.