Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
New User

GUelkman375 is starting off with a positive reputation.
propane injection?

hey everyone, ive got a 1999 f250, 7.3L dls, with a chip, water/methanol injection, and some other things, but i am looking to step into either a propane, or nitrous injection system. does anyone have any advise, or knowledge to lend to me, along with a possible oppinion of these systems? thanks a ton for the help!

~elkman
Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What are your goals?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome.....lot of hp plus propane makes 7.3 blocks crack....easy on the fumes you should be ok with hp and performance without going overboard.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:35 PM
New User

GUelkman375 is starting off with a positive reputation.
sorry guys i was out of town for a family thing that came up unexpectedly...my goals are to be in the area of 6-700 hp with this truck. i already have the water/methenol kit, and dont get me wrong i love the power, but i am still looking for more. my buddy has a propane kit, and he loves it, and says he has a ton of power for towing as well. maybe i am going down the wrong avenue, but i think it may be the next step in the hp line other than injectors, or a new turbo setup.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you are after that kind of power consider injectors instead of propane.

At best propane will get you an extra 80 hp and it will cost as much as injectors.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
You are not going to get anywhere near that kind of power reliably without a purpose built engine. To have a 600 horse daily driver you'll need a prepped block, billet rods, low compression pistons, big big injectors and at least one big turbo....head studs, premium headgaskets, and main stud girdle...etc, etc.

No matter what avenue you decide on your stock turbo does not flow enough air to support your goals. My advice would be to get a bigger turbo and a set of stage II injectors, than add a 100HP shot of NOS. That will put you around 450 at rear wheels and still be mild enough to not need to get into the block.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
1996, f250, ford, injection, propane