The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

First Thing Stolen From Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 AM
aaronlockhart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, thats something there... Tailgates are heavy, a little bit of a bitch to remove, and I'm not sure why you'd want to steal one anyway... Can't say I've ever had anyone steal anything from me, but I'm always afraid...

Haha, kinda reminds me of the night my friends found my extra key and drove off with my truck while I was at work... I've yet to get even...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:51 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronlockhart
Wow, thats something there... Tailgates are heavy, a little bit of a bitch to remove,
Not really, I can have mine off in 30 seconds tops...

Tim

Old 07-18-2007, 04:20 PM
ben97
Senior User
I guess i spoke too soon, last night somebody stole my IPOD, Sub, and $120 out of my glovebox, I've already told everyone i know that i'll give $100 to whover knows who it was, so hopefully someone will hear something about it. I live in a small town and it was parked in my driveway right next to my dad and brothers truck, my brother had an IPOD in his truck also and my dad had a brand new video camera and laptop, and they didn't touch their trucks thankfully. I dont think they were too smart though, they left my head unit, and amp in the truck, and didn't touch the $1,000 worth of tools in my toolbox. Guess i'll have to start locking my truck at my own house now!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
aaronlockhart
Senior User
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing

Tim
Well, yeah... Getting it off is the easy part... Once you've got it off you've got an obscure 50 pound metal object thats easily scratched while your trying to move it, lol...

Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Mr. Fixit
Senior User
ben97: sometimes, some smaller things will get stolen out of your vehicle/back yard/house and then the *******s will come back a week later and steal the bigger stuff they saw the first time. Bikes, heavy or noisy-to-move tools are typical - often stolen in a second or even third "visit". In the city, I never leave anything visible that might attract the thousands of drug-addicted 'wretches'. We also never leave a back door, basement door or car door unlocked unless we are right there - it only takes a minute to be robbed. In my imaginary utopian world.....

Old 07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Dean88
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing

Tim
Yeah, I used to be able to get mine off in 30 seconds, then since my stepdad got his tailgate stolen, I put a C-clamp over the right side hinge, so now if you want to remove the tailgate, you have to take off the clamp. I strongly recommend everybody to do this, so *********s can't just walk buy and pull of your tailgate, but you can still take off your tailgate, it will just take an extra 30 seconds and a screwdriver.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
chrono4
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kind of c clamp takes a screwdriver? The reason I believe they take them, because they are one of the few things that dont take any tools what so ever to remove. How many times have you seen a truck with a messed up tailgate from a trailer or something? It would be easy to move, just approach and ask if they want to buy a new one.

Just take a hose clamp and put it around the removable side of the hinge. at least its a deturent (sp?) to anyone who opens it and realizes they cant pop it off.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Dean88
Postmaster
Whoops, I didn't mean C-clamp, I meant hose clamp. I got my names confused.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:03 AM
biltfordtough
Junior User
Thats actually a pretty good idea. at first i was unsure of a c-clamp too because i just couldn't picture it on there and then being able to close it lol. I was thinkg of getting an "L" shaped lock that when it is padlocked shut you cant get the bolts out and putting it to the tailgate and side of the truck too. but ill try the c clamp for now.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:34 AM
81fordf-250
Senior User
I went on a date one night with a girl. She wanted to drive so i parked my truck in a parking lot i had parked in many times before. When we came back my friends cb that had been sitting in my seat was gone. plus the antenna!! It wasn't even mine! They also toke the half a case of beer out of the tool box and some girly drinks i had and also a bottle of rum!! but they left the 200dollars worth of tools on the other side! I found out who did it but I haven't seen the kid sense i graduated high school. The next time i do see him he is going to have some problems to say it nicely. (the reason he did it was because he was jelous of me for some reason)

Old 07-24-2007, 09:29 PM
ford71
Freshman User
Man i know how you feel i left my 71 f-100 parked overnight at an aamco and somebody stole the tail lights and passenger side mirror

Old 07-24-2007, 10:05 PM
buckeyesteeler7
Junior User
That's messed up man,people steal the oddest things and leave the most expensive (such as tools).

The other night I fell asleep with the garage door open.Some guys came into my property,and I happened to wake up to use the bathroom.I heard some noise on the side of the house and grabbed the shotgun.

I got out there and they were trying to take the 2002 F-250 tailgate in my backyard,plus they had the bicycle from the garage.I peppered the wooden fence and they scattered,dropping the bike and other misc. stuff they had.

They left the $1,000 of tools in my opened up toolbox,not to mention all the tools my Grandpa has in the garage.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:30 PM
WoomaHodal
Senior User
someone stole my 5' firestik cb antenna a few months ago

Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Mr. Fixit
Senior User
Buckeyesteeler7: I have this mental picture of some thieving jerk getting shot pulled out of his *** - hopefully it's plenty painful!

Have you seen that TV ad (for VISA?) where a couple leaves a fancy camera on a table outside a restaurant? All kinds of people sit around the table but in the morning it is still there when the couple comes back to find it...sentimental BS, but at 60 years old, I still would like that to be possible.
Don't laugh too hard at me!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 AM
broncosoldier
Junior User
back when i was in college i had someone try and steal my R6 out of the bed of my truck. they took the tailgate off and were pulling the bike out when someone in my class told me someone was messin with my truck. myslef the prof and 4 other guys ran outside. we beat the **** out of 2 of them, but the other 2 took off in their truck with my tailgate. after that anytime i had the bike in the back i would back into spots where there was a wall or tree. little hard to lift the bike over the side. oh the 2 that we caught were aressted, and they paid for a new tailgate, and window, cause they broke that too.

Quick Reply: First Thing Stolen From Truck