2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Houses

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 AM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i could convince my father-in-law of that. he put brakes on his truck twice before he finally bought some from me. he said mine cost too much but after 2 sets of warpped rotors is statring to see the light.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
bwep
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
oem parts

Well here is my experience at the dealer. Someone must have decided I needed to spend some money on my truck so they snapped off my drivers mirror. Next day I called my dealer who sold me the truck. I know the service manager so I asked him to get me a price. He called me back and said 198.00 + tax. I’m not one to check prices but people have mentioned using online sponsors for parts so I gave it a try. I tried Direct Ford Parts .com. I don’t know anyone there but they must like me, because they were about 80.00 $ cheaper. So guess who I purchase my oem parts from now? I guess some dealers will mark up a lot more than others. So it seems you need to search around to find the dealer that is reasonable on parts to the public, I found mine. BWEP

Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
B2Cobra
New User
The dealer I got my truck from has an awesome service department. They take care of any problems I have, if I have any, and let me know up front if there is a TSB or warranty issue to be addressed. The parts department there lacked somewhat in the friendliness and pricing department. I would price a part there and then price it online at one of the Ford OEM sites. The site was always at least 20% cheaper. The parts dept. had a sign that said they would price match any OEM parts, but they never wanted to match what I brought in. I spoke to the service manager about it and he got with the owner who also spoke to me. I now get my parts that price matched to what they are online. The owner told the parts dept. that they did not need to lose a customer like myself that is always buying parts from them and getting my vehicles serviced there.

Now on the other hand there is another dealer where I live that I wouldn't take a bicycle to to let them work on. None of their mechanics are certified and I'm not sure some of them know what a wrench is. Their parts dept. is worse. The parts dept. manager is a woman (nothing against a woman being a manager or anything), and she would continually tell me that a part did not exist or did not belong on my Ranger even though I could take her out to it and show her the exact part I was referring too. Her reply was always that it did not come from Ford like that and someone else installed it even though I bought it straight off the lot and never took it anywhere else. I never even tried with my other Ranger than had an efi Mustang 5.0 in it. I knew that would completely throw her off.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:10 PM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
i worked for a woman manager and she was kinda the same way. if you could tell her exactly what you want she could find it no problem. if you had to discribe it to her you were done.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
B2Cobra
New User
Originally Posted by benningstspeed1.0
i worked for a woman manager and she was kinda the same way. if you could tell her exactly what you want she could find it no problem. if you had to discribe it to her you were done.
That's the bad thing about the lady I'm describing. You could tell her exactly what you needed and she would tell me it doesn't go on my truck.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:29 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had good experience with my local ford parts dep. It is run by a young man but he always finds the part that I need. If he dont know something he admits it and brings in a tech to help him. On the same note I wouldnt buy a truck from them. I was looking @ a 2000F150 and they told me that ford conditioned my credit to a lot of money down. Never told me how much. I went to another dealership the next day financed my ford with no money downthru ford. From the time I steped in the dealership to driving off in my new truck i wasnt there 3 hours. I have now bought 4 fords thru them. I would buy my parts from them also but they are an hour and a half away.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 PM
motown
Senior User
MOTOWN IT MUST HAVE BEEN A WHILE SINCE YOU HAVE WORKED FOR THE BIG THERE.
FORD HAS TAKEN A LOT OF PROFIT OUT. THERE ARE PARTS THAT DON'T EVEN HAVE 20% MARK-UP. ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE STUFF AT OTHER PARTS HOUSES ARE REJECTED PARTS THAT DON'T MEET OE STANDARDS.
LIKE ranger88a SAID THEY ARE SHOULD WORK PARTS. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND WE DO SELL AFTERMARKET PARTS AT REQUEST. IT ALWAYS COME BACK TO YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Benningstspeed1.0,

It hasen't been that long, I had to replace a Fog lamp on my 04 S/crew to the tune of $100. The peice cost on that lamp for Ford was probably no more than $7, and how about the FX/4 decal for $45 I had to buy, piece cost on that was probably no more than $2. Thats a one heck of a mark-up. Your just seen the wholesale cost and not what Ford pays their venders for the parts. The of the general public has no concept of what the peice cost of parts are for vehicles.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:11 AM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
I Have Seen What Ford Pays For The Part. Look At How Many Hands Touch That Part Before It Gets To The Dealer. You Trucking Cost From Factory To The Warehouse, Dock Workers To Unload The Truck, People To Stock & Pull The Parts, And Truck Freight To Get It Here. Then Even Before All Of That You Have To Pay The Engineer That Designed The Part In The Firts Place

Old 07-02-2007, 01:46 PM
motown
Senior User
Just an FYI, Ford pays for the shipping them selves. And all of the engineering and design costs are factored in on the development cost of the vehicle development, which has a budget, that has no factor on service parts cost.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
Where Does Ford Get The Money To Pay For The Shipping. It Comes Frome The Markup In The Parts.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Roller1
Freshman User
People think the Ford House is much more than your local auto parts store and for the most part they are.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:54 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FORD7445
most of our work at the dealer is due to afermarket. nothing like autozone running a test and telling a customer they need egr valve when all it is is a dpfe or a customer that put plugs in there car and coming to the dealer with a miss, we put motorcraft plugs in and it fixes there problem. and the one i love the most. i have put 2 starters on and i still have problems. so all of you out there how call the dealer the stealer, you may save some money with a aftermarket parts but it will only take one time for you to spend 8 hours putting a aftermarket clutch in you truck and having your wife and baby break down 400 miles from home and to find out its a bad clutch again. hotel charge, and 2nd clutch job and knowing your wife and kid is broke down in a strange place, not a good feeling. i see this kind of thing all the time.
And if you read this site, you'll see this type of thing happening all the time with dealer service as well... very bad dealership service experiences.

I will never again let Conyers Ford touch my Roush F-150 again. I don't know how they ever became a Roush dealership because the tech's don't know spit about supercharged engines. Freaking idiot put in stock plugs instead of HT0's required by ALL supercharged 5.4s --- even AFTER I told them they were putting in the wrong plugs. Could have lost the engine holing a piston because of an idiot AT A FORD DEALERSHIP. I changed them back to the correct plugs myself after that and its run fine.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i wish i could convince my father-in-law of that. he put brakes on his truck twice before he finally bought some from me. he said mine cost too much but after 2 sets of warpped rotors is statring to see the light.
Lots of folks with Ford rotors and pads complain about them warping. You can guess why I'm going after some aftermarket performance rotors.

Last edited by FTE Ken; 07-02-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tomsold4x4
When was the last time a customer off the street got the wholesale price on anything from the dealer?!
X2
There are 4 Ford dealerships within 40 miles of my house and all 4 of them charge list price to anyone off the street.Even the stealership where I bought my truck charges me list price. Once when I was there picking up some parts I had ordered the owner/sales manager asked me "what happened to my dealership sticker that was on your tailgate."I said "when you stop charging me list price for parts I might give you some free advertisement."

Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
benningstspeed1.0
Senior User
I Tend To Agree Aout The List Price Thing. As Far As The Roush Dealer Ship Goes You Just Have To Sign The Paper Work. I Work For A Dealer That Got Roush, And Svt And There Tech Knew Nothing About High Performance.
Nassty, I Work At The Dealer And I Took Every Deal Item Of Of It Too.

Quick Reply: Parts Houses