Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

"Instructions included"..that should'a told me something!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Instructions included"..that should'a told me something!

Folks I've been long tardy from the message board here and I ask your forgiveness. Things have been quite hectic and today was an excellent example of THAT! Exit the driveway today at 7:30a.m. to get to True Value Hardware to pick up a wheel-barrow before they's all gone at 8.a.m.....stop by the bank to make a deposit at 8:30a.m. then run 25mi. north to visit Comcast and fight with them to transfer the Comcast account to my name. (since my divorce in 2005 we...Comcast and I.. have been fighting about this!!) Next head for J.C. Penneys and order up new bakery uniforms at 10a.m...then to Sears for some twaddling parts for the vacume cleaner. (note..it's cheaper to buy a new vacume cleaner than purchase bags and a belt!) Stop by Ft. Chambers Gun Shop...since I'm in the area....20+ guns are not enough..eh? Fondled several..considered 2..might have to return on Tuesday...! Picked up a coupl'a "needed items". (read stuff I don't really need but..it's a guy thing!) Stop in at Gander Mt. and peruse the isles of "more stuff I don't really need". I now own 34 turkey calls..and still couldn't call in a bird from Wampler Longacres Turkey Farm at the height of mating season. Head up Black Gap Road to Chambersburg at stop at Super Shoes and get buggered $50 fer a pair of sneakers! "$50.00!!!"... I screamed! Unfortunatly sneakers in size 12 Wide cost MORE! I saw some available for the price of a good used truck! Grrrr...! Stopped by Popeyes Chicken and picked up a bucket of Spicy and finally returned home...about noon. And then the fun begins...time to assemble the new wheel-barrow...instructions included of course. Ahhh yes...more to come! Audie..the longwinded one..

Old 06-02-2007, 04:15 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Folks, I knew it as soon as I opened up that box'a parts to assemble the new wheel-barrow...(big deep sigh here)..."I'm buggered..."..I cursed. Out of the box tumbled bolts, nuts, brackets, widgits, doo-dads, long pieces of lumber, a tire and the one piece I recognized..the body of the wheel-barrow. I dumped all the parts unto the picnic table, along with the sheet of instructions, grabbed up my Craftsman tool set and held my hands skyward and implored The Assembly Gods..."How hard could this possibly be?...It's only a wheel-barrow!!!!" Yeah....right! Generally speaking...men do not require nor desire instructions. We (men) know how to do things by natures own intent. A man can look at a pile of kindling and simply KNOW how to assemble it into a house. It is a gift. Harrumph! AND..we are expected to know these things from birth! Perhaps this is the major failing of relationships between wimminfolks and menfolks..eh? Think about it..wimminfolks come with no diagrams, no instructions and no assembly sheets. Menfolks won't ask, of course..and so we are lost. Fumbling around trying to figger out what part goes where..and when..and totally lost on the idea of doing certain steps in a certain manner..eh! Anyways..back to the wheel-barrow. After several attempts I secured the instruction sheet and deciphered it out. It only took 6 hours and more beers than I care to count. I'm now using it to scurry about and collect all the tossed tools and empty cans in my yard. Life is good..eh! Audie..the oldfart!!

Old 06-03-2007, 07:49 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,173 Posts
well, now that ya got it all together, the next time the grandkids come over, ya can have fun givin them wheelbarrow rides.

an if ya got a hill in the back piece away from the eyes of responsible adults, ya can put a set of small wheels on the rear skids and go riding down the hill with the younguns.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Originally Posted by tjc transport
well, now that ya got it all together, the next time the grandkids come over, ya can have fun givin them wheelbarrow rides.

an if ya got a hill in the back piece away from the eyes of responsible adults, ya can put a set of small wheels on the rear skids and go riding down the hill with the younguns.
Hmmm? Well now tjc since you mentioned it I just recalled a story I'll share with ye concerning hills and wheel-barrows! Look fer the post..wheel-barrows and hills! Coming soon! YMHS..Audie, the oldfart!