6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:39 PM
BmanRRT
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackhat620
Used by many and recommended. Do a search as there is alot on the topic of fuel additives. They are beneficail and IMO should be added at every tank. Do Not use a fuel additive that contains alcohol as it will ruin the injectors.
TY, I actually read a thread in the general diesel area with alot of people having good luck with it and a few other products. I am going to try this one since I already bought it then I'll look for the others that they recomend. I really would be lost without you guys and this forum

Old 06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Got 17.5 mpg yesterday on the highway doing 65mph, no wind. Thats the best Ive seen so far with my 35 inch tires and lift. I bet if I put my truck back to stock ride height and stock size tires I'd be doing over 20mpg. 1400 miles on the HSS so far.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Chris Gabe
Former Vendor
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=2><COL width=252><COL width=2><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%" colSpan=3>

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="1%"></TD><TD width="98%">I am sorry I lost my internet service for a couple of days. I have a dish and it went out. I should have a new one on Tuesday. Exile-This is not the product to use every oil change. There have been people that asked if it would help to put it in every couple changes, the answer is yes. I can't say how often you should use it. It all depends on the oil you are using, the kind of driving you are doing, and how long you left it in. This additive was made for one specific reason. Clean out the coking and build up inside the injectors and turbos. It does that very well. There are other additives you can use if you just want to fortify a standard oil. My favorite is the 480m Ultraguard. I am sure there are others out there.

We did not upset the balance of the oil as I said in other posts. The way we know this is that all the oil analysis came back fine with the HSS in it.

I never thought about the fuel economy but during the testing I was told that the computer on the Power Stroke was so efficient that it was recalculating the amount of fuel being sent to each cylinder so quickly that the problem was not noticeable until the injectors were really bad. At that point the test that the Ford Tech does says the injectors need replaced. So I would think that cleaning all that up would have to help the efficiency of the engine. I also know that it cleans up the coking in the turbo making it more efficient.
I want to encourage everyone to try it. If it doesn't work I really don't mind refunding your money. Again, this was the best way I could think to sell this product. This whole thing is an open book. I have been thinking about distributing through a retail outlet or a distributor. The shipping is costing around $10.00 per bottle. If I could get it to a local distribution point I can cut about 25% of the cost off. Any ideas?

Thanks, by the way, I know many people with 300k - 500k on there Power Strokes. I think it is a great truck and a great investment. After reading all these post I would still buy one.
Chris Gabrelcik

</TD><TD width="1%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Chris Gabe; 06-10-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
exiled
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chris Gabe Lube Specialties
Exile-This is not the product to use every oil change.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=2><COL width=252><COL width=2><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%" colSpan=3>

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="1%"></TD><TD width="98%">

chris I know this and you know this but the masses dont understand this. The way of thinking is evolving to that if 1 bottle at the time of needs works great but then half a dose for life keeps the crude away. Its this line of thinking that I think is costly. Mind you I dont see the harm in using it when needed but added to the maintance schudule? I dont think so. To me its kinda like not eating right and taking vitiams every morning.
We did not upset the balance of the oil as I said in other posts. The way we know this is that all the oil analysis came back fine with the HSS in it.
I dont see how you can claim that. If you did'nt change the oil then the treatment would'nt work. I.E, take GLYphosphate {roundup} and water. The water is the vessel. The common mix is 1/64-1/128. Now sure as we are here the water is still water but, its chemistry has changed. It is no longer injestable by plant or animal. But it is still water. Now that is a small % compared to the mix I've seen recommended for your producted. Again I dont claim it should'nt work. Matter of fact I believe it just might. But the makeup of the oil has changed. Can/will you post a blackstone on an oil sample? I would like to see one.
I have been thinking about distributing through a retail outlet or a distributor. The shipping is costing around $10.00 per bottle. If I could get it to a local distribution point I can cut about 25% of the cost off. Any ideas?
Yea I got one sell it thru walmart, advance auto, pepboys,oreillys. Surely they have alittle more room on the selves. I dont know if you could keep up with the orders. ! other idea is split the country into parts. Setup distributors in each part. Sell the distributors a bulk load and they can put their own label on their bottle.

</TD><TD width="1%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Chris Gabe
Former Vendor
Smile

Exiled,
I agree that it is better to "eat right" as opposed to taking vitamins. But you have to understand that motor oils are made for the masses. They have to be made quickly, efficiently, and inexpensively. They are made to reach the certification levels, not exceed them. Some companies do exceed them but only for marketing reasons. The injectors on the 6.0 need a little more than your ordinary oil has in it. They are not going to rewrite the spec for all oils because of the 6.0. So you can give it a little boost. It is made with a stronger emphasis on cleaning. It was made to fix this problem within 200 miles. I don't see anything wrong with putting some HSS in every couple oil changes. The injector in the 6.0 is still prone to coking.

Hot Shot Secret will change the composition of the oil. It will not take it out of spec. The viscosity and additives will still read within spec while the oil is new or used. That was what made the project so difficult. We wanted something that you could put in the oil and it would fix the problem safely.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 06-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
So... if I buy a bottle and send in a few ounces to Blackstone labs... what are they going to tell me?

Has anyone does this yet... and if so, what were the results/findings?

What can work so well as to "clean" the injectors and remove "coke" deposits, but not affect viscosity. It would seem that to work so well in afew hundred miles, that the "solvent" used to clean the injectors would thin out the oil and offer lower viscosity protection???

My mileage has slightly dropped lately, but other wise my truck is running fine. I am curious to try, but as many know here on the boards I am very "informed on oil" and believe I can hold my own when it comes to diesel oils and some additives.

I am encouraged by some of the posters that have posted their results, but I am leary of a "mericle in bottle" to cure injector issues... and not sure if my drop in mileage from a consistent 16 to that of 15mpg is due to coking in the injectors???

Back to Blackstone Labs... has anyone (even the seller of this stuff) had it tested and willing to share it with us... or does someone have to break down and buy some and pay $20 to get a Blackstone report????

Thanks,

Old 06-11-2007, 03:45 PM
FatDutchMn
Senior User
So where do you purchase HSS?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
hotroddsl
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
see post #155

Old 06-11-2007, 05:17 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll respond to the 1/2 dose of HSS. My Feb 04 has 26K miles which shows not a lot of use. After reading about the product I felt that since my engine had started to smell more at a first idle and had what I felt more black smoke when getting on it that it did a year ago.

I do not know whether it had bad injectors or not maybe they were a little clogged up who knows. After 200 miles like I said it ran better, didn't smell at first idle, and no black smoke when getting on it. When I get to 3K miles I'll change the oil like normal and not use the stuff again until something happens like before. Could be another 30K miles.

I'm planning on going to full synthetic so I may never need it. Good Luck.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Give it a try Beach, I really dont think your gonna harm your motor running it for a few thousand miles, with 100,000 miles on your motor I bet it could really clean some stuff up.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Chris Gabe
Former Vendor
Beech,
I have not run an oil analysis on it. I will try to get one done. As far as thinning the oil. I had to add VI improver to compensate and dispersant to make sure the stuff we were cleaning stayed in suspension. Of course I then had to add detergent to keep it in balance.
So far everyone has seen good results. This is consistant with the test. I know everyone is leary of oil additives, but this isn't snake oil with a good marketing plan. It is just the opposite. It was designed and tested just for this engine and this problem. It took many tries to get a product to work. Unfortunately we have no marketing plan, yet. I wanted to bring it here first to give it a trial by fire so to speak.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 06-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Beech,
I have not run an oil analysis on it. I will try to get one done. As far as thinning the oil. I had to add VI improver to compensate and dispersant to make sure the stuff we were cleaning stayed in suspension. Of course I then had to add detergent to keep it in balance.
So far everyone has seen good results. This is consistant with the test. I know everyone is leary of oil additives, but this isn't snake oil with a good marketing plan. It is just the opposite. It was designed and tested just for this engine and this problem. It took many tries to get a product to work. Unfortunately we have no marketing plan, yet. I wanted to bring it here first to give it a trial by fire so to speak.

Thanks,
Chris
Thank you for the quick reply.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:29 AM
4x4Mark
Senior User
I've given it a try as well. Seems to have smoothed out the idle a little and the slight hesitation when starting to add throttle is gone. I ran a full dose for about 500 miles, then drained 2 gallons and replaced with fresh oil to reduce the concentration. I'll leave this in until my next oil change.

Mark

Old 06-12-2007, 08:47 AM
ciscofreak
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious to see if this would possibly clean out my oil cooler that seems to be causing my frequent EGR cooler issues??

Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 AM
mwberg
New User
Hotshot oil additive

Originally Posted by Georgecls
Believe me, from a lube engineer's perspective, engine oil additives are an absolute, positive no, never. Except in this case. Have you noticed the little lawsuits raging between Ford and Navistar? This engine and its warranty claims are a significant portion of the whole deal. The engine has issues that the finest, cleanest oil will not resolve. The Hotshot additive has helped minimize the uncorrected issue and in my case experience involving two tow trucks, has totally eliminated the injector issues. I am sharing my 'real world' experience with a product I do not sell nor have any relationship with. We tried the additive in a case of total desperation for my friend/customer who had two brand new useless trucks.
So here I was, Mr. No addtives, ever! working with engine oil additives.. BUT, in this case, this engine, if someone is having issues similar to my friend/customer, it is worth a try and there does not seem to be a downside in 2 years of using the product.
Again, I do not sell the product and do not recommend the use of engine or gearbox additives of any type. Except in this case, from my experience.
George Morrison, STLE CLS
Any idea where I can purchase some to try?

Quick Reply: Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive